- Released: May 15, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Epic
- 2.Lonely Week-End
- 3.Don't Look Back
- 4.Why Do I Cry
- 5.Diddy Wah Diddy
- 6.You Got A Hard Time Coming
- 7.Once Before
- 8.Thank You
- 9.Time Of Day
- 10.Say You're Sorry
- 11.Mercy, Mercy - (Bonus Track)
- 12.I Can't Get Away From You - (Bonus Track)
- 13.But I Ain't Got You - (Bonus Track)
- 14.Me Right Now - (Bonus Track)
- 15.My Babe - (Bonus Track)
- 16.I'm Talking About You - (Bonus Track)
- 17.Ain't That Her - (Bonus Track)
- 18.Baby, I Believe In You - (Bonus Track)
- 19.When I Want To Know - (Bonus Track)
- 20.All Good Things - (Bonus Track)
The SPARS code is listed as AAD and ADD. 7 tracks appear here for the first time in stereo.
The Remains: Barry Tashian (guitar, vocals), Vern Miller (bass, vocals),
Bill Briggs (piano, vocals), Chip Damiani (drums) and N.D. Smart (drums).
Audio Remasterer: Bob Irwin.
Boasting remastered sound and an altered track listing, 2007's THE REMAINS essentially replaces Legacy's earlier BARRY & THE REMAINS disc. The 20-track set presents many of the finest mid-1960s recordings by the sorely underrated Boston-based garage-rock act the Remains, who were led by vocalist/guitarist Barry Tashian. Highlights include the urgent Animals-like single, "Don't Look Back" (which was featured in the lauded NUGGETS box set), and the gloriously jangly "Why Do I Cry," along with an outstanding cover of Don Covay's R&B classic "Mercy, Mercy." For true aficionados of '60s U.S. garage bands, this collection is indispensable.