Johnny "Guitar" Watson
Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
LOW STOCK: Only 1 copy left
|You Save:||$4 (40% Off)|
Rare & Hard-to-Find: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: January 17, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Shout Factory
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Booty Ooty
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Love Jones
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Going Up In Smoke
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Close Encounters
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Asante Sana
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Telephone Bill
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Lone Ranger
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Jet Plane
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Children Of The Universe
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Funky Blues - (previously unreleased, bonus track)
- $1.29 on iTunes11.Untitled Mix - (previously unreleased, bonus track)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Johnny "Guitar" Watson (vocals, guitar, Fender Rhodes piano, bass, drums, percussion); Walt Fowler, Albert Wing, Bruce Fowler (horns); Ron Brown (piano); Emery Thomas (drums, background vocals); Randie Redman, James Johnson, Rudy Copeland (background vocals).
Recorded at Paramount Recording Studios, Hollywood, California.
Personnel: Johnny "Guitar" Watson (guitar, piano, Fender Rhodes piano, drums, triangle); Walt Fowler , Albert Wing, Bruce Fowler (horns); Ron Brown (piano); Emry Thomas (drums, background vocals); James "Super Chikan" Johnson, Randie Redman, Rudy Copeland (background vocals).
Audio Mixer: Clint Bennett.
Audio Remasterer: Keith Blake.
Liner Note Author: Ernest Hardy.
Recording information: Paramount Recording Studios, Hollywood, CA.
Arranger: Johnny "Guitar" Watson.
The follow-up to Johnny "Guitar" Watson's WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?, 1980's LOVE JONES continues in the wacky, funkier-than-thou vein of its predecessor. Standing in stark contrast to the singer/multi-instrumentalist's bluesy early work, this disc is slick, of-the-era R&B that careens from silly dance-floor workouts (the propulsive "Booty Ooty" and the hilarious "Telephone Bill") to velvety smooth ballads (the chiming title track) to absurdist mid-tempo numbers ("Close Encounters" and "Funky Blues"). Of particular note is the groove-laden Watson classic "Lone Ranger," which finds the fun-loving performer embarking on a wonderfully ridiculous scat solo while cruising along on a sea of burbling keyboard lines. Although many of Watson's '70s-funk contemporaries (Parliament, Ohio Players, etc.) were fading by this point, LOVE JONES finds the Texan jack-of-all-trades welcoming in the '80s with unrestrained energy, making it one of his most enjoyable outings.
The Very Best of King / Federal / Deluxe, Volume 2 (CD)(12)
$1.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 15,169
- UPC: 826663976373
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Blues: Texas / West Coast Music Categories:
Color Blind (CD)
$9.90 Super Savings
- Anson Funderburgh The Best of Blast Off (CD) ~ $8.29
- Marcia Ball Live! Down the Road (CD) ~ $16.18
- Marcia Ball The Tattooed Lady & The Alligator Man (CD) ~ $16.18
Bobby "Blue" Bland
The 3B Blues Boy - The Blues Years: 1952-59 (CD)
$12.35 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs series:
- Wynton Kelly 1931-1971 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Vee-Jay: Very Best of Jazz, Volume 5 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- The Patterson Singers Songs of Faith / My Prayer (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- The Highway Q.C.s This Is My Light (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Manhattan School of Music Chamber Sinfonia & Opera Theater Holst - Savitri / Vaughan Williams - The Lark Ascending / Britten - Sinfonietta (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE