Barclay James Harvest Their First Album [UK Bonus Tracks]
|You Save:||$1.70 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Barclay James Harvest ~ Barclay James Harvest and Other Short Stories [UK Bonus Tracks] ~ $12.35
- by Barclay James Harvest ~ Everyone Is Everybody Else ~ $10.57
- by Barclay James Harvest ~ Gone to Earth ~ $10.57
- by Barclay James Harvest ~ Octoberon [UK Bonus Tracks] ~ $12.50
- Released: May 27, 2002
- Label: Caroline
- 1.Taking Some Time On - (studio)
- 2.Mother Dear - (studio)
- 3.Sun Will Never Shine - (studio)
- 4.When The World Was Woken - (studio)
- 5.Good Love Child - (studio)
- 6.Iron Maiden - (studio)
- 7.Dark Now My Sky - (studio)
- 8.Early Morning Mr Sunshine - (studio)
- 9.So Tomorrow (BBC Session) - (studio)
- 10.Eden Unobtainable (BBC Session) - (studio)
- 11.Night (BBC Session) - (studio)
- 12.Pools Of Blue (BBC Session) - (studio)
- 13.Need You Oh So Bad (BBC Session) - (studio)
- 14.Small Time Town (BBC Session) - (studio)
- 15.Dark Now My Sky (BBC Session) - (studio)
- 16.I Can't Go On Without You - (studio)
- 17.Eden Unobtainable - (studio)
- 18.Poor Wages - (studio)
- 19.Brother Thrush - (studio)
This CD features the self-titled debut release from Barclay James Harvest, a British band that mixed folk, rock, progressive, and classical influences. The digitally remastered reissue features 10 bonus tracks, seven of them from unreleased BBC sessions. Tracks include "Taking Some Time On", "Mother Dear", and "Sun Will Never Shine".
Liner Note Author: Mark Powell.
Photographer: Richard Dunkley.
Arrangers: Norman Smith; Robert John Godfrey.
Barclay James Harvest's sensibly titled debut album was one of the unsung classics of the late '60s, a post-psychedelic pop album that posits a peculiar collision between the Bee Gees' vision of classic grandeur and the heftier sounds leaking out of the rock underground. Add Norman Smith's epic production and one cannot help thinking that if the Pretty Things had ever looked elsewhere for their follow-up to S.F. Sorrow, Barclay James Harvest could have handed it to them on a plate. The opening "Taking Some Time On" is absolutely phenomenal, churning and riffing on the one hand, positively hymnal on the other -- and poised, during its chorus, to plunge into a virtual dry run for R.E.M.'s "Talk About the Weather." Elsewhere, "When the World Was Woken" is unmistakably daubed in a whiter shade of Procol Harum, while the 12-minute closer, "Dark Now My Sky," is simply spellbinding. Barclay James Harvest ranks among the finest albums of the entire early prog boom. ~ Dave Thompson
Barclay James Harvest and Other Short Stories [UK Bonus... (CD)
$12.35 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE