- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 59 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Released: November 2, 2004
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Platinum Disc
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
The second screen adaptation of Truman Capote's landmark true-crime novel about two runaway cons who murder a Kansas family.
As in the 1967 theatrical version of Truman Capote's classic book, this telefilm, based on actual events, is set in 1950's Kansas and involves two drifters, Dick Hickock and Perry Smith. At first, their intention is to burglarize the Clutter home, but ultimately, they savagely murder the entire family. A dedicated FBI agent who was a friend of the Clutters doggedly pursues the killers.
This longer adaptation offers more insight into the various members of the close-knit Clutter family, making their grisly demise seem all the more tragic.
- Aired originally on the CBS Television Network, November 24 and 26, 1996.
- Produced by Pacific Motion Pictures in association with Hallmark Entertainment.
- Shot on location in Alberta, Canada.
- Additional cast: Gillian Barber (Bonnie Clutter), Margot Finley (Nancy Clutter), Robbie Bowen (Kenyon Clutter), Campbell Lan, Tom McBeath, Brad Greenquist and Lindsey Campbell.
- This film includes some songs actually written by Perry Smith, one of the killers.