David Cassidy Cherish
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.Being Together
- 2.I Just Wanna Make You Happy
- 3.Could It Be Forever
- 4.Blind Hope
- 5.I Lost My Chance
- 6.My First Night Alone Without You
- 7.We Could Never Be Friends ('Cause We've Been Lovers Too Long)
- 8.Where Is The Morning
- 9.I Am A Clown
- 11.Ricky's Tune
Personnel: David Cassidy (vocals); Dennis Budimir, Louis Shelton, Tommy Tedesco, Larry Carlton (guitar); Mike Melvoin (piano); Max Bennett, Reinie Press (bass); Hal Blaine (drums).
Producer: Wes Farrell.
Reissue producer: Rob Santos.
Recorded at Western Recorders, Los Angeles, California. Originally released on Bell (6070). Includes liner notes by Lisa Sutton.
The same machinery in place to churn out lightweight sides under the Partridge Family moniker was also responsible for David Cassidy's first solo effort, Cherish. After a few contractual loopholes were attended to, Wes Farrell, music producer of all things Partridge, began assembling material for Cassidy's debut. In many ways the album is distinguishable in name only, as the same musicians, arrangers, and other behind the scenes crew that had so carefully and successfully created the sound of "the Family" are also incorporated into this effort. Most prominent were Wrecking Crew studio stalwarts Hal Blaine (drums), Larry Carlton (guitar), Joe Osborne (bass), and Larry Knechtel (keyboards), who are joined on backing vocals by the six-member Love Generation. There are a few notable exceptions, such as the effective title "Cherish" -- which had been a career-defining hit for the Association six years earlier. Cassidy took it to number one on the adult contemporary chart in December of 1971. Another interesting inclusion is "Ricky's Tune," a strong pop ballad penned by Cassidy for his ailing dog. While the vocalist had penned a few numbers that had ended up on Partridge Family long-players, there is a maturity present here that many of his previous songs lacked. Other standout tracks include the Bobby Hart co-composition "I Just Wanna Make You Happy" and the marginally maudlin "I Am a Clown." The latter is particularly interesting for the spoken interlude that recalls "Doesn't Somebody Want to Be Wanted" from the Partridge Family's Up to Date (1971) album. Overall, Cherish is an admirable first time out and, above all, continues to display the vocalist's theatrical sensibilities and performance style. ~ Lindsay Planer
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 29 ratings.
Based on 29 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 49,562
- UPC: 886972461229
- Shipping Weight: 0.20/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Bargain Audio CDs & Priceless Collection Product Series:
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 38 Special Rockin' Into The Night (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 38 Special Special Forces (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 38 Special Strength In Numbers (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 38 Special Tour De Force (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Oldies: Bubble Gum Music Categories:
- Alive 'N Kickin' Alive 'N Kickin' (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- The Archies The Complete Albums Collection (5-CD) ~ $40.48
The Archies Sugar, Sugar... [Repertoire] (CD) ~
$12.98 Super Savings
- Boyce & Hart I Wonder What She's Doing Tonite: The Best of Boyce & Hart (CD) ~ $15.29
- Tommy Boyce / Bobby Hart Action! - The Songs of Tommy Boyce & Bobby Hart [Import] (CD) ~ $18.89