- Released: August 24, 1999
- Label: Green Linnet
- 1.Misteriou Joaius :: Joyful Mysteries
- 2.Pa Voe Ganet :: When He Was Born
- 3.Nedeleg :: Christmas
- 4.War Ar Menez Ar Bastored :: Shepherds On The Hill
- 5.Nouel :: Christmas
- 6.Pe Trouz War an Douar? :: What Noise On Earth?
- 7.Elez a Gane, An :: The Angels Sang
- 8.Diskennit Euz an Nenvou :: Descend From The Heavens
- 9.Petra 'Zo a Nevez? :: What's New?
- 10.O Na Kaerra Burzud! :: Oh, What A Wonderful Miracle!
- 11.Kreiz an Noz :: In The Middle Of The Night
- 12.Nedeleg War Ar Mor :: Christmas At Sea
Full performer name: Ensemble Choral Du Bout Du Monde.
Brittany is the Celtic region in the west of France where the traditional language is Breton and the music partakes equally of Gaelic, East European, and West European traditions. L'Ensemble Choral du Bout du Monde (translated here as "World's End Choir," a phrase whose meaning is presumably geographic rather than apocalyptic) exists for the purpose of promoting Breton culture by singing both traditional and contemporary Breton music. This disc is a very attractive collection of Christmas songs both old and new -- though few listeners will be able to tell the difference, since even traditional pieces like "Pe Trouz War an Douar?" ("What Noise on Earth?") and "Diskennit euz an Nenvou" ("Descend From the Heavens") will be unfamiliar to almost everyone. The choir is accompanied by organ and occasional bagpipes and whistles, and the singing is excellent. Although the recording would have benefited from a bit more definition, this disc is highly recommended. ~ Rick Anderson