The Beatles Let It Be [Let It Be... Naked] (2-CD)
11 copies available
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$16.58 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.40 (17% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: November 17, 2003
- Originally Released: 2003
- Label: Capitol
Rolling Stone - 12/11/03, p.2073 stars out of 5 - "...It's nice to have the sparer rendition of 'Across the Universe' that Lennon recorded, and the sonic improvements to the album as a whole are undeniable..."
Entertainment Weekly - 11/21/03, pp.81-2"...Some of these changes are for the better. The sonic clarity is welcome and the revamped album concludes, as the original should have, with the title track, one of the most moving songs McCartney ever wrote..." - Rating: B+
Mojo (Publisher) - 12/03, p.1345 stars out of 5 - "[T]he cleaning up, editing and re-sequencing has brought out a warmth and depth of colour we've not heard before..."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Get Back
- 2.Dig A Pony
- 3.For You Blue
- 4.Long And Winding Road
- 5.Two Of Us
- 6.I've Got A Feeling
- 7.One After 909
- 8.Don't Let Me Down
- 9.I Me Mine
- 10.Across The Universe
- 11.Let It Be
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.A Unique Insight Into The Beatles At Work in Rehearsal And In The Studio During January 1969: Sun King / Don't Let Me Down / One After 909 / Because I Know You Love Me So / Don't Pass Me By / Taking A Trip To Carolina / John's Piano Piece / Child Of
LET IT BE...NAKED contains a FLY ON THE WALL bonus disc including song rehearsals and conversation snatches.
The Beatles: John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Ringo Starr.
Additional personnel: Billy Preston (keyboards).
Includes liner notes by Kevin Howlett and interview excerpts with The Beatles
from the original LET IT BE book.
Personnel: Billy Preston (keyboards).
Audio Mixers: Alan Rouse; Guy Massey; Paul Hicks.
Liner Note Author: Kevin Howlett.
Recording information: 01/1969.
Editor: Kevin Howlett.
Photographer: Ethan Russell.
In its original form, Let It Be signaled the end of an era, closing the book on the Beatles, as well as literally and figuratively marking the end of the '60s. The 1970 release evolved from friction-filled sessions the band intended to be an organic, bare-bones return to their roots. Instead, the endless hours of tapes were eventually handed over to Phil Spector, since neither the quickly splintering Beatles nor their longtime producer George Martin wanted to sift through the voluminous results. Let It Be... Naked sets the record straight, revisiting the contentious sessions, stripping away the Spectorian orchestrations, reworking the running order, and losing all extemporaneous in-studio banter. On this version of the album, filler tracks ("Dig It," "Maggie Mae") are dropped, while the juicy B-side "Don't Let Me Down" is added. The most obvious revamping is on the songs handled heavily by Spector. Removing the orchestrations from "The Long and Winding Road" and "Across the Universe" gives Paul McCartney's vocals considerably more resonance on the former, doing the same for John Lennon's voice and guitar on the latter. This alternate take on Let It Be enhances the album's power, reclaiming the raw, unadorned quality that was meant to be its calling card from the beginning.
Boxing - Muhammad Ali: The Greatest (Plus Bonus Featurette:... (DVD)
Out of PrintSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 642 ratings.
Based on 642 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Early Rock & Roll (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Yes Acoustic: Guaranteed No Hiss (DVD) ~ 79¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Fun: 43-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE