The Corrs Forgiven, Not Forgotten
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$9.21 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.78 (29% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 5, 1995
- Label: Atlantic Mod Afw
Dirty Linen - 2-3/96, p.75"This Irish family band's sound is a slightly trad-inluenced version of slick pop-vocal groups like Wilson Phillips...the songs are interspersed with snippets of trad tunes, but this is much more of a commercial pop recording than a folky one."
- 1.Erin Shore
- 2.Forgiven Not Forgotten
- 3.Heaven Knows
- 4.Along With the Girls
- 7.The Right Time
- 8.Minstrel Boy
- 9.Toss the Feathers
- 10.Love to Love You
- 11.Secret Life
- 12.Carroroe Jig
- 14.Leave Me Alone
- 15.Erin Shore
The Corrs: Andrea Corr (vocals, tin whistle); Sharon Corr (vocals, violin); Jim Corr (vocals, guitar, keyboards, programming); Caroline Corr (vocals, drums, Bodhran).
Additional personnel: Michael Thompson (guitar); David Foster (keyboards); Neil Steubenhaus, Tal Herzberg (bass); Simon Phillips (drums); Noel Eccles, Des Reynolds (Celtic drums); Simon Franglen (programming).
All songs written by The Corrs except "Someday" (D. Foster/The Corrs).
Personnel: Jim Corr (vocals, guitar, keyboards, synthesizer, keyboard programming); Sharon Corr (vocals, violin); Andrea Corr (vocals, tin whistle); Caroline Corr (vocals, drums, bodhran); Michael Thompson (guitar); David Foster (keyboards); Simon Phillips (drums).
Audio Mixers: Dave Reitzas; Bob Clearmountain.
Recording information: Chartmaker Studios.
Photographer: Guzman/Rotterdam Conservatory Orquesta Tipica.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Noel Eccles; Bill Whelan.
Arrangers: Jim Corr; David Foster.
Released on the heels of the Corrs' tour with Celine Dion and their appearance at the Olympic Games, 1995's FORGIVEN, NOT FORGOTTEN blends wistful Celtic motifs, slick production, layered harmonies, and adult-contemporary songcraft into a sound that won the Irish group instant international favor. The siblings' real achievement here is their balance of moody Top 40 melodies with traditional Celtic elements--Andrea, Caroline, and Sharon Corr play tin whistle, bodhran, and violin, respectively.
Though "Erin Shore (Traditional Intro)," the album's instrumental opener, sounds like an old-school Irish ballad, the song quickly segues into the pulsing title track--a dramatic, minor-key pop tune with a chorus fleshed out by the lovely harmonies of the Corr sisters. The group's Celtic roots are evident in quick, melodic phrases throughout, and on the occasional instrumental (the bodhran-driven "Carraroe Jig"), but the Corrs go better with MTV than a glass of Guinness, as the bright, hook-driven rock of "Someday" or the power ballad "Closer" attest. FORGIVEN, NOT FORGOTTEN's multi-platinum status speaks to the appeal of the Corrs' rootsy, yet highly accessible, formula.
South African Freedom Day: Concert on the Square (DVD)
$2.38 on SALE
Today Presents: Best of The Today Concert Series, Volume 2 (CD)
$4.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 123 ratings.
Based on 123 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the World Music genre:
- Various Artists Scottish Traditional Fiddle Music (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Gipsy Boys Best Of The Hot Club De France, V.1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Clancy Brothers / David Hammond Irish Traditional Folk Songs (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Benedict Silberman Orchestra and Chorus Traditional Jewish Melodies (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Cafe Paris (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE