The Blasters American Music
- Released: September 16, 1997
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Hightone Records
Uncut (magazine) - p.92"[T]he band's debut remains the album which revitalised American guitar music when technology was threatening to derail it."
- $1.29 on iTunes1.American Music
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Real Rock Drive
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Barefoot Rock
- $1.29 on iTunes4.I Don't Want To
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Marie, Marie
- $1.29 on iTunes6.I Wish You Would
- $1.29 on iTunes7.She Ain't Got the Beat
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Flat Top Joint
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Crazy Baby
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Never No More Blues
- $1.29 on iTunes11.Buzz Buzz Buzz
- $1.29 on iTunes12.She's Gone Away
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Barn Burning
- $1.29 on iTunes14.21 Days in Jail - (previously unreleased)
- $1.29 on iTunes15.Love 24 Hours a Day - (previously unreleased)
- $1.29 on iTunes16.I Fell in Love - (previously unreleased)
- $1.29 on iTunes17.So Glad - (previously unreleased)
- $1.29 on iTunes18.Ashamed of Myself - (previously unreleased)
- $1.29 on iTunes19.Lone Wolf - (previously unreleased)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
AMERICAN MUSIC is a reissue of the Blasters rare debut LP, originally released in a limited vinyl pressing in 1980 and unavailable since. It includes 6 previously unreleased tracks from the same sessions.
The Blasters: Phil Alvin (vocals, guitar); Dave Alvin (guitar); John Bazz (bass); Bill Bateman (drums).
Additional personnel: Gene Taylor (piano).
Includes liner notes by Rockin' Ronny Weiser, Dave Alvin and Chris Morris.
Personnel: Lee Allen (tenor saxophone); Gene Taylor (piano).
Audio Mixer: Ronny Weiser.
Liner Note Authors: Dave Alvin; Chris Morris; Ronny Weiser.
Photographers: James Austin; John Bazz.
Unknown Contributor Roles: James Harman ; Johnny Legend; Phil Alvin; Bill Bateman.
The Blasters were at the vanguard of the 1980's root-rock revival, erupting out of Southern California with a love of rockabilly, country, R&B and Chicago blues that they distilled into a distinctive sound given life by the voice and songwriting of brothers Phil and Dave Alvin respectively. Eventually, the band evolved from a tradition-based neo-rockabilly unit into a Creedence for the '80s, with timeless tunes that addressed socio-political issues without sacrificing an ounce of fire. Their very first recording, AMERICAN MUSIC was released in a limited pressing on a tiny CA indie in 1980, and was a rare commodity until this long-awaited reissue.
There's a raw, live-in-the-studio feel to the cuts here, which include cover tunes like "Wish You Would" and "Real Rock Drive," and Alvin originals that would appear in new versions on the band's Slash debut ("Marie Marie," "American Music"). There's also a plethora of previously unreleased tunes that will make collectors' mouths water. AMERICAN MUSIC marks the important first step of one of the last great American rock & roll bands.
Hunting High and Low [Bonus CD] [Bonus Tracks] (2-CD)
$25.14 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 22 ratings.
Based on 22 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE