- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: July 7, 1999
- Label: Disky Records
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.White Boy (Dance Mix)
- 2.You Know I'm Not Razy
- 3.I'll Tumble 4 Ya
- 4.Take Control
- 5.Love Twist (Featuring Captain Crucial
- 6.Boy, Boy (I'm The Boy)
- 7.I'm Afraid Of Me (Remix)
- 8.White Boys Can't Control
- 9.Do You Really Want To Hurt Me?
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Move Away (12" Mix)
- 2.It's A Miracle / Miss Me Blind (US 12" Mix)
- 3.God Thank You Woman (Extended Version)
- 4.I'll Tumble 4 Ya (US 12" Mix)
- 5.Love Is Cold (You Were Never No Good)
- 6.Do You Really Want To Hurt Me? (Dub Version Featuring Pappa Weasel)
- 7.Everything I Own (P.W. Botha Mix By Boy George)
- 8.Colour My Numbers
- 9.From Luxury To Heartache
- 10.Time (Clock Of The Heart) (Instrumental Mix)
- 11.Black Money
- 12.Love Is Love
- 13.Man Shake
- 14.The War Song (Ultimate Dance Mix)
Culture Club: Boy George (vocals); Roy Hay (guitar, sitar, keyboards); Michael Craig (bass); Jon Moss (drums, percussion).
A surprisingly thorough 21-track compilation, ORIGINAL GOLD is a better-than-average budget-price Culture Club best-of that's actually better than any of the repackagings on Virgin Records, the boys' own label. It wisely concentrates on the group's best albums, 1982's KISSING TO BE CLEVER and 1983's COLOUR BY NUMBERS. Nearly all of the first and a good chunk of the second are represented.
ORIGINAL GOLD combines brilliant singles like "Time (Clock of the Heart)" and "Church of the Poison Mind" with lesser-known but equally good album tracks such as "White Boys Can't Control It" and "Colour By Numbers." The later material, of course, isn't nearly as entertaining, but if you want to hear some of the best British chart pop of the early '80s, look no further.