The Crusaders Gold (2-CD)
|You Save:||$1.88 (9% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: April 3, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Hip-O Records
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Freedom Sound
- 2.Young Rabbits '71-'72
- 3.Way Back Home
- 4.Put It Where You Want It
- 5.So Far Away - (radio edit)
- 6.Tough Talk
- 7.Don't Let It Get You Down
- 9.Hard Times
- 10.Stomp And Buck Dance
- 11.Lilies Of The Nile
- 12.Double Bubble
- 13.Ballad For Joe, A (Louis)
- 14.I Felt The Love
- 16.Chain Reaction
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 2.Keep That Same Old Feeling
- 3.Free As The Wind
- 4.Nite Crawler
- 5.Sweet N' Sour
- 6.It Happens Everyday
- 7.Feel It
- 9.Fairy Tales
- 10.Street Life - (featuring Randy Crawford)
- 11.Soul Shadows - (featuring Bill Withers)
- 12.Last Call
- 13.I'm So Glad I'm Standing Here - (featuring Joe Cocker)
- 14.Hold On - (featuring B.B. King)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
The Crusaders: Joe Sample, Larry Carlton, Nesbert Hooper Jr., Wayne Henderson , Wilton Felder.
Personnel: The Crusaders (vocals); Randy Crawford, Bill Withers (vocals); David T. Walker, Dean Parks, Bobby Finnerty, Freddy Robinson , Larry Carlton, Roland Bautista , Arthur Adams , B.B. King, Billy Rogers (guitar); Wilton Felder (saxophone, tenor saxophone, electric bass); Jerome Richardson (alto saxophone); Robert Bryant, Jr., Bill Green (tenor saxophone); Robert Bryant, Oscar Brashear (trumpet); Wayne Henderson (trombone); Maurice Spears (bass trombone); Joe Sample (piano, keyboards); Chuck Rainey, James Jamerson, Max Bennett (electric bass); Stix Hooper (drums, percussion); Efraim Logreira, Paulinho Da Costa, Ralph MacDonald (percussion).
Photographers: Mike Prior; Alan Messer; Barry Feinstein.
The Crusaders began their career in the 1950s as the Modern Jazz Sextet, changed their name to the Jazz Crusaders and recorded throughout the '60s, then changed their name to the Crusaders in the 1970s and continued to record through the '70s and '80s. The two-disc set GOLD overlooks this long history by focusing on the group's '70s output and their most popular fusion, jazz-funk, and crossover music.
That said, only a completist (and fans of the group's early work) would complain. GOLD is smartly assembled, and jam-packed with the solid grooves and the technical chops that made the Crusaders one of the top names in accessible fusion from the period. The musical signatures of pianist Joe Sample, saxophonist Wilton Felder, drummer Stix Hooper, and company are all over this fun and generous (the running time tops out at almost 160 minutes) compilation.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection (CD)(5)
$5.39 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Bob Wills Sings & Plays/In Concert (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE