The Partridge Family Crossword Puzzle
Only 5 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: April 1, 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.One Day At A Time
- 3.As Long As There's You
- 4.It's A Long Way To Heaven
- 5.Now That You Got Me Where You Want Me
- 6.It Means I'm In Love With You
- 7.Come On Love
- 8.I Got Your Love All Over Me
- 9.Let Your Love Go
- 10.It Sounds Like You're Saying Hello
- 11.It's You
The Patridge Family includes: David Cassidy, Shirley Jones (vocals).
The Wrecking Crew: Louis Shelton, Denis Budimir, Tommy Tedesco, Larry Carlton (guitar); Larry Knechtel, Mike Melvoin (keyboards); Max Bennett, Joe Osborne (bass); Hal Blaine (drums); John Bahler, Tom Bahler, Jackie Ward, Ron Hicklin (background vocals).
Recorded at Western Recorders (Studio 2), Los Angeles, California. Includes liner notes by Lisa Sutton.
Crossword Puzzle was the eighth LP from the Partridge Family -- a multimedia, made-for-TV project that hit marketing pay dirt learning lessons from the success of the Monkees' manufactured origins, as well as the real-life pop/rock family the Cowsills. As a weekly prime time sitcom, The Partridge Family ran on ABC-TV from September 25, 1970, through August 31, 1974. As musical artists, they further mimicked the Monkees' phenomenon by having primary cast members -- in this case, Shirley Jones (vocals) and David Cassidy (vocals) -- as the group's lead vocalists. Accompanying Cassidy and Jones was a veritable who's who of studio heavyweights such as Hal Blaine (drums), Larry Carlton (guitar), Joe Osborne (bass), and Larry Knechtel (keyboards). They were joined by the painfully sweet backing vocals of the six-member Love Generation, who participated to some degree on every one of the Partridge Family's LPs. Judging by not only the lackluster chart performance (number 146), but also the complete absence of a 45 rpm single in the States, it is fair to say all remaining vestiges of Partridge-mania were becoming significantly depleted. For the most part, the formulaic unaffected pop song style of Wes Farrell, Terry Cashman, and Tommy West had grown stale. In fact the best material on Crossword Puzzle comes from Tony Romeo's lush emotive ballad "As Long as There's You," which points in the direction of Cassidy's solo efforts. Of the lighter fare, another Romeo tune, "It Means I'm in Love With You," has an airy bubblegum lilt that glides through the catchy melody. These highlights detract from the simply awful "Let Your Love Go" or the half-baked "It's a Long Way to Heaven" -- both of which are little more than mediocre filler. [In 2003, Crossword Puzzle (1973) was issued on CD with informative liner notes as well as a reproduction of the original "novelty" LP jacket, a signature of Partridge Family releases.] ~ Lindsay Planer
1910 Fruitgum Co.The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD) View Details
Greatest Groups of the 60s & 70s: 79 Original Hits (8-CD)
Out of PrintSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 30 ratings.
Based on 30 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 13,737
- UPC: 886972392523
- Shipping Weight: 0.18/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Bargain Audio CDs & Priceless Collection Product Series:
- 38 Special Extended Versions (Live) (CD) ~ $4.99 on SALE
- 38 Special Rockin' Into The Night (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 38 Special Special Forces (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 38 Special Strength In Numbers (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 38 Special Tour De Force (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Oldies: Bubble Gum Music Categories:
- Alive 'N Kickin' Alive 'N Kickin' (CD) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- The Archies The Complete Albums Collection (5-CD) ~ $40.48
The Archies Sugar, Sugar... [Repertoire] (CD) ~
$12.98 Super Savings
- Boyce & Hart I Wonder What She's Doing Tonite: The Best of Boyce & Hart (CD) ~ $15.29
- Tommy Boyce / Bobby Hart Action! - The Songs of Tommy Boyce & Bobby Hart [Import] (CD) ~ $18.89