Carla Thomas The Queen Alone (Expanded Reissue)
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$16.55 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.43 (13% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: March 20, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Stax
Living Blues - p.59"[T]here's no denying that she and the others were at the height of their powers when it came time to cut these sessions."
- 1.Any Day Now
- 2.Stop Thief
- 3.I Take It To My Baby
- 4.I Want To Be Your Baby
- 5.Something Good (Is Going To Happen To You)
- 6.When Tomorrow Comes
- 7.I'll Always Have Faith In You
- 8.All I See Is You
- 9.Unchanging Love
- 10.Give Me Enough (To Keep Me Going)
- 11.Lie To Keep Me From Crying
- 12.Me And My Clock - (previously unreleased)
- 13.Same Thing - (previously unreleased)
- 14.Your Love Indeed - (previously unreleased, alternate take)
- 15.I Want To Know - (previously unreleased, take 2)
- 16.I Wonder About Love
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Originally issued on Stax (718) in May, 1967. Includes original release liner notes by Joe Bogart and Frank Costa.
Digitally remastered by BIll Inglot & Dan Hersch.
Audio Mixer: Stephen Hart .
Audio Remasterer: Daniel Hersch.
Liner Note Author: Rob Bowman.
Authors: Joe Bogart; Frank Costa .
Photographer: Jean-Pierre Leloir.
Carla Thomas was more than deserving of her title "The Queen of Memphis Soul," but she was hardly oblivious to the sleeker, more pop-influenced sweet soul and uptown soul coming out of Detroit, Philadelphia and Chicago. One of her strongest albums, The Queen Alone isn't the work of someone who took a Memphis-only approach, but of someone who was well aware of what Gladys Knight, Dionne Warwick, Martha Reeves and others were up to. What's surprising is the fact that this album (reissued on CD in 1992) contains only two hits: the playful "Something Good (Is Going to Happen to You)," which made it to number 29 on Billboard's soul singles chart, and the idealistic, gospel-influenced ballad and number 11 R&B single "I'll Always Have Faith in You." Songs ranging from the sweet and vulnerable "I Want to Be Your Baby" to the remorseful "All I See Is You" and the pessimistic "Any Day Now" (a song co-written by Burt Bacharach) weren't singles, but it wasn't for a lack of heartfelt singing. Drawing on both Southern and Northern soul, Queen Alone is a pleasant reminder that they were equally attractive options. ~ Alex Henderson
Margie JosephMargie Joseph Makes a New Impression / Phase II [Stax] (CD)
$16.55 Super Savings
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Christmas Album, Volume 4 (CD)
$12.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
I'm the One Who Loves You: The Complete Volt Recordings (CD)
$12.35 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Garage Band Halloween, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE