Cat Stevens Tea For the Tillerman
Only 10 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$13.07 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.91 (18% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: May 23, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: A&M
Rolling Stone - 2/18/71, p.50"...Cat's melodies and lyrics are disarmingly, deceptively simple. He seems to fasten without effort onto tunes with a life of their own..."
Rolling Stone - 2/18/71, p.50"...Cat's melodies and lyrics are disarmingly, deceptively, simple. He seems to fasten without effort onto tunes with a life of their own..."
CMJ - 7/24/00, p.24"...Classic folk-pop....gorgeously remastered...breathing new life into tunes...while remaining faithful to the albums' original majesty..."
GoldmineSound 5 Stars - Classic, Indispensable
Q (Magazine) - p.1244 stars out of 5 -- "TEA FOR THE TILLERMAN was his second album of 1970 and it turned him into an international star..."
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Where Do The Children Play?
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Hard Headed Woman
- $0.69 on iTunes3.Wild World
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Sad Lisa
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Miles From Nowhere
- $1.29 on iTunes6.But I Might Die Tonight - (from film "Deep End")
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Longer Boats
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Into White
- $1.29 on iTunes9.On The Road To Find Out
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Father And Son - (from "film Revolussia")
- $1.29 on iTunes11.Tea For The Tillerman
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Cat Stevens (vocals, guitar); Alun Davies (guitar); John Rostein (violin); John Ryan (bass); Harvey Burns (drums).
This is a limited edition digipak.
Personnel: Cat Stevens (vocals, guitar, keyboards); Alun Davies (guitar); John Rostein (violin); John Ryan (bass); Harvey Burns (drums).
Producer: Paul Samwell-Smith.
Reissue producer: Bill Levenson.
Digitally remastered by Bill Levenson (December 1999, Sterling Sound, New York, New York).
Personnel: Cat Stevens (vocals, guitar, keyboards); Cat Stevens; John Ryan (bass instrument); Alun Davies (guitar); John Rostein (violin); Harvey Burns (drums).
Recording information: 07/1970.
Illustrator: Cat Stevens.
Arranger: Del Newman.
TEA FOR THE TILLERMAN is one of Cat Stevens's finest albums, and a gem in the crown of early 1970s singer/songwriterdom. Stevens manages to have his cake and eat it too, simultaneously achieving pop accessibility and artistic relevance. While inviting rhythms (buoyed by Stevens's dynamic acoustic strumming) and pop hooks abound, the feel is decidedly gentle and spare. Apart from the occasional string section, Stevens is accompanied only by a three-piece band as he sings his introspective lyrics with appreciable fervor.
While there are some relatively conventional love songs here ("Hard Headed Woman," "Wild World"), the most memorable moments come when Stevens's lyrics venture further afield. "Father and Son" is a poignant but realistic and unsentimental portrait of the generation gap, capable of reducing any given dad or junior to tears. "On the Road to Find Out" and "But I Might Die Tonight" reflect Stevens's existential dilemmas, and the resulting spiritual quest that would later lead him to embrace the Islamic faith. The graceful beauty of arrangements, performances, and songs makes TEA FOR THE TILLERMAN a folk-rock classic.
Footsteps in the Dark: Greatest Hits, Volume 2 (CD)(19)
$7.79 Super Savings
The Best of The 70s - 20th Century Masters / Millennium... (CD)(5)
$5.39 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 110 ratings.
Based on 110 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Love and Affection: Joan Armatrading Classics 1975-1983... (CD)(9)
$17.15 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Ike & Tina Turner Golden Classics (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Del Vikings 1956 Audition Tapes (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Skeeter Davis Blueberry Hill / The End of The World (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 1 (2-CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Count Basie Blues By Basie / Dance Parade (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE