Customers who purchased this item also bought these:
- Rated: Unrated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: January 25, 2000
- Originally Released: 1960
- Label: Image Entertainment
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
- Trivia Game
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Biographies: Cast & Crew
- Additional Text: INSIDE THE TWILIGHT ZONE
Performers, Cast and Crew:
An imaginative television series that probed the fuzzy intersection of fantasy and reality, offering highly original storylines that examined human and supernatural quandaries with insight and imagination, THE TWILIGHT ZONE aired from 1959 to 1964. But it in just five years' time it made an impact on popular culture that has been long-lasting and deep--even casual viewers can recall the classic twists of particular episodes. Scores of films and television programs were influenced by THE TWILIGHT ZONE, including THE SIXTH SENSE and THE X-FILES. This 4-disc collection offers a quartet of classic episodes from the popular and influential series. In "Living Doll," Telly Savalas stars as a father tormented by his daughter's malevolent talking doll. In "The Dummy," Cliff Robertson plays a ventriloquist whose dummy becomes all too frighteningly real. In "The Fever," a gambler obsesses over a casino slot machine. And in "The After Hours," a department store customer discovers her true identity.
Description by Image Entertainment:
Episodes: "The Dummy" (Ep. 98, May 4, 1962) - A ventriloquist (Cliff Robertson) is convinced that his dummy, Willie, is alive and evil. He makes plans for a new act with a new dummy. Plans that Willie does not support! "The Fever" (Ep. 17, January 29, 1960) - Tight-fisted Franklin Gibbs is not pleased when his wife wins a trip for two to Las Vegas. But things change when he falls under the spell of a slot machine that calls his name. "Living Doll" (Ep. 126, November 1, 1963) - Erich (Telly Savalas) is displeased when his wife buys an expensive doll for his step-daughter. He becomes even more displeased when the doll tells him it doesn't like him! "The After Hours" (Ep. 34, June 10, 1960) - A woman (Anne Francis) discovers that the floor of a department store, on which she bought a gold thimble, doesn't exist--and that her "saleslady" is really a mannequin!
Short Stories |
Television / TV Series |
- The episodes included in this collection were originally broadcast between January 29, 1960 - November 11, 1963.
- Because of Rod Serling's intense stage fright, network executives originally wanted Orson Welles to host and narrate.
- In "Living Doll," the voice of Talky Tina was provided by June Foray, who voiced almost every female character from the Warner Brothers cartoons--including Granny, Tweety Bird, and Witch Hazel--as well as Rocky the Squirrel and Natasha Fatale from The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show.
- Cliff Robertson was one of many actors who made repeat guest appearances on the series. Other Twilight Zone stalwarts include William Shatner, Burgess Meredith, Jack Klugman, Martin Landau, and Billy Mumy.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 15 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 92,853
- UPC: 014381899122
- Shipping Weight: 0.16/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
To place an order or for customer service, call toll-free 1-800-336-4627 or outside the United States, call 1-610-649-7565
Open Monday - Friday: 7am-10pm, Saturday: 9am-9pm, Sunday: 10am-8pm (Eastern Time)