- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 45 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Released: February 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Platinum Disc
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus: Chapter Selection
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Country western star Dwight Yoakam stars as a fearless rodeo clown who rescues riders from raging bulls. When an ex-bull rider who blames him for a career-ending accident comes to town, Dwight's soon dodging bullets as well as bulls.
After returning to his hometown, rodeo clown Virgil Kidder gets mixed up in a murder mystery and must contend with a sheriff out to even an old score.
Virgil is a loner who has been performing in small-time rodeos and engaging in one-night stands ever since he left his girlfriend and son seven years ago. But now, his old buddy Brownie convinces him to return home to Waco, Texas.
Once back, he runs into Sheriff Gil Acuff, who still resents Virgil for a bronco accident years earlier that put an end to Gil's promising rodeo career. When Virgil becomes romantically involved with Teresa, Acuff's niece, he gets into a load of trouble.
Teresa believes she is a vampire and has a yen for fast cars and rodeo performers. Then someone puts a stake through her heart, and leaves her corpse in the trunk of Virgil's car. Now the cowboy must prove he is innocent of the crime and find the real culprit.
- Additional cast: Walt Goggins (Roddy).
- Additional credits: Sandy B. (costume designer).
- An Americana Images Inc.-Sound Shore production.
- Shown at the Fort Lauderdale Film Festival in November, 1995.