The The Mind Bomb
LOW STOCK: Only 1 copy left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
CMJ - 1/5/04, p.26Ranked #13 in CMJ's "Top 20 Most-Played Albums of 1989"
- 1.Good Morning Beautiful
- 2.Armageddon Days (Are Here Again)
- 3.The Violence of Truth
- 4.Kingdom of Rain
- 5.Beat(En) Generation
- 6.August & September
- 7.Gravitate to Me
- 8.Beyond Love
The The: Matt Johnson (vocals, guitar); Sinead O'Connor (vocals); Warne Livesey (acoustic guitar, keyboards, background vocals); Johnny Marr (electric guitar, background vocals); Mark Feltham (electric harmonica); Sarah Homer (clarinet); Dai Pritchard (bass clarinet); Hilary Storer (oboe); Wix (accordion, piano, Hammond B-3 organ); Chris White, Phil Todd (tenor saxophone); John Eacott (flugelhorn); James Eller (bass); Danny Cummings (acoustic bass); David Palmer (drums); Pedro Haldemann (bongos); Danny Cummings (congas, percussion); Pandit Dinesh (percussion); Geoff Foster (background vocals); Esme Livesey.
Producers: Roli Mosimann, Matt Johnson, Warne Livesey.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
With 1989's MIND BOMB, while Matt Johnson's songs still address internal guilt, his lyrics here strive to place that guilt more firmly within the context of societal decay, in particular on "Armageddon Days Are Here (Again)." With the addition of Johnny Marr--who had just left the Smiths--on guitar and occasionally harmonica, the music is also fuller and more confident, even introducing Eastern rhythms to the palette, and finally displaying the muscle behind the previous album's punches.
Highlights include "Kingdom of Rain," featuring Sinead O'Connor's distinctive vocals, and a lyrical continuation of the crumbling relationship begun on INFECTED's "Slow Train to Dawn." "The Beat(en) Generation," a suspiciously chipper and upbeat track augmented by Marr's trademarked guitar sound, makes no bones about its indictment of political manipulation, while "Gravitate to Me" features stuttering horns and a massive bass line, courtesy of James Eller. If you buy only one The The release, MIND BOMB ought to be it--true to its title, this album will stick in your head for a long time.
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 36 ratings.
Based on 36 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 19,849
- UPC: 886972426426
- Shipping Weight: 0.21/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Rock & Pop: Alternative Music Categories:
- '68 Comeback Love Always Wins (CD) ~ $11.68
- 10,000 Maniacs Blind Man's Zoo (CD) ~ $13.25
- 10,000 Maniacs Hope Chest: The Fredonia Recordings 1982-1983 (CD) ~ $13.25
- 10,000 Maniacs In My Tribe (CD) ~ $11.69
MTV Unplugged (Live) (CD)
$7.45 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Bargain Audio CDs & Priceless Collection series:
- Various Artists #1 Hits of the Summer: Summer Classics (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Grace Slick Best of Grace Slick (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists #1 Hits of the Summer: Summer Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Patti Page Golden Greats (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Doo Wop As Seen On TV, Volume 6 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE