- Released: October 1, 1993
- Label: Rounder Select
- 1.Belle Je M'en Vais en Allemagne
- 2.Le Conseil de Guerre (Or) Le Condamne Mort
- 3.March: The Return From Fingal
- 4.Le Roi Renaud
- 5.Reels Medley: The Pure Drop / The Flax In Bloom
- 6.La Danse du Capricorne I
- 7.La Danse du Capricorne 2 (Or) A Day the Jurg Pompidor Center
- 8.Le Joli Bransle
- 9.Jardin d'Amour
- 10.Le Lendemain de la Fete
2 LPs on 1 CD.
Personnel includes: Pierre Bensusan (vocals, guitar, piano); Sylvian Kassap (flute, bass clarinet, alto & tenor saxophones).
Recorded in 1979.
Guitarist Pierre Bensusan displayed some instrumental versatility on this release, turning to piano on some numbers and adding vocals in an easygoing, charming style. He accompanied some distinguished guests on this release, backing Scottish bagpipes artist Patrick Molard on "Belle Je M'en Vais En Allemagne" and multi-reed instrumentalist Sylvain Kassap on "Le Conseil de Guerre." His familiar lush, delicate playing was particularly poignant working with a group that included violins, cellos, bass, drums and Auvergne pips on "La Danse Du Capricorne." His piano playing offered a contrast to his accomplished guitar; it was much simpler, offering options in musical color and tone. Like all Bensusan releases, this album's emphasis was on moods, textures and backgrounds rather than rhythms. ~ Ron Wynn