- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: May 19, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Sundazed Music Inc.
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Everything'll Be Alright - (previously unreleased)
- 2.Drivin' Me Out of My Mind - (previously unreleased)
- 3.My Brother, the Man - (version 1)
- 4.Mirror of Your Mind
- 5.(You Are) The Color of Love
- 6.She Does Everything to Me - (previously unreleased)
- 7.He Doesn't Go About It Right
- 8.You Burn Me up and Down
- 9.Nothing Like a Vision - (previously unreleased, demo)
- 10.Proceed With Caution
- 11.By the Rule
- 12.Look at the Girls - (previously unreleased, version 1)
- 13.Love Is a Beautiful Thing
- 14.Double Trouble - (previously unreleased)
- 15.Don't Say You Love Me Too
- 16.St. John's Shop - (version 1)
- 17.Love Wears Black (None) - (previously unreleased, version 1)
- 18.Beginning of the End
- 19.The Day She Dies
- 20.There's Gonna Be a Storm - (previously unreleased)
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.When I Arrive
- 2.No, No Boys - (previously unreleased)
- 3.In the Past
- 4.Alfred, What Kind of Man Are You
- 5.Boy, She Just Don't Feel It - (previously unreleased, demo)
- 6.Declaration of Independence
- 7.Look at the Girls - (previously unreleased, version 2)
- 8.Follow Me Back to Louisville
- 9.Lovin' Son of a Gun
- 10.St. John's Shop - (version 2)
- 11.Half of Wednesday
- 12.Flourescent Hearts
- 13.I Wanna Do It - (previously unreleased)
- 14.She Lied
- 15.Ain't Gonna Find Nobody (Better Than You)
- 16.My Brother, the Man - (version 2)
- 17.Free Information
- 18.You Like Me, You Love Me - (previously unreleased, demo)
- 19.Too Much Noise
- 20.Love Wears Black (None) - (previously unreleased, version 2)
MIRROR OF THE MINDS is a collection containing We The People's entire recorded output including rare tracks by The Trademarks, The Nonchalants & The Offbeets, demos and previously unreleased material.
Liner Note Authors: Jeff Lemlich; Jeff Jarema.
Recording information: 1964-1967.
Photographers: David Duff; Jeff Lemlich; Wayne Proctor; Jeff Jarema; Terry Cox.
Florida's We the People were among the many very versatile bands that proliferated in that state during the mid-1960s. Rising from the ashes of groups like the Offbeets, the Trademarks and the Nonchalants, We the People could play everything from raw beat material to feedback rave-ups to harmony ballads with consummate ease. This two-CD, 40-track collection brings together the band's entire history from the early 45s by the aforementioned combos to the entire We the People recorded legacy, including unissued tracks, demos and alternate takes. Highlights include "My Brother, the Man," "(You Are) The Color of Love," "He Doesn't Go About It Right," "Follow Me Back to Louisville" and raw demos of "I Wanna Do It," "You Like Me, You Love Me" and "Boy, She Just Don't Feel It." With a booklet chock-full of great liners and photos galore, this is the definitive look at a cult group that fans of '60s rock & roll will go nuts over. ~ Cub Koda
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- UPC: 090771105622
- Shipping Weight: 0.50/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 2 items