The Trashmen Surfin' Bird
|You Save:||$1.50 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 26, 1995
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Sundazed Music Inc.
Dirty Linen - 4-5/96, pp.55-56"...steaming wih pre-grunge party songs..."
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
The Trashmen: Tony Andreason, Dal Winslow (vocals, guitar); Bob Reed (bass); Steve Wahrer (drums).
Originally released on Garrett (LPGA-200) in 1964. Includes liner notes by Bill Diehl.
Liner Note Author: William Diehl .
Unknown Contributor Role: Dal Winslow.
Arguably rock's greatest demented single, "Surfing Bird" came from a highly unlikely source--a landlocked surf band from Minnesota. But its echo-drenched sub-literate glossolalia (courtesy of drummer/vocalist Steve Wahrer) immediately endeared it to every impressionable teen in the vicinity of a radio in 1964, and at least one certified adult, director Stanley Kubrick, who used it to rather frightening ironic effect in a battle scene in "Full Metal Jacket." Nothing else on the sole Trashmen album released in their lifetime comes close to the "Bird"s overwhelming sonic assault, but sprightly covers of surf standards like "Miserlou" and "Malaguena" more than compensate, and the bonus demo version of an attempted "Bird" sequel feels like...well, like going home.
The VenturesThe Ventures Play the Greatest Surfin' Hits of All Time
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 11 ratings.
Based on 11 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of ? And The Mysterians (Cameo Parkway) (CD)
$11.65 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Afternoon Delight: 70's Romance (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE