- Released: February 22, 2010
- Originally Released: 2010
- Label: Superbird
- 1.I'll Play the Fool
- 2.Hard Times
- 3.Whispering / Cherchez la Femme / Se Si Bon
- 5.We Got It Made / Night and Day
- 6.You Got Somthing / Betcha' the Love Bug Bitcha'
- 7.Sour and Sweet / Lemon in the Honey
- 8.Mister Love
- 9.Nocturnal Interludes
- 10.The Gigolo and I
- 11.I'll Allways Have a Smile for You
- 12.Transistor Madness / Future D.J.
- 13.Organ Grinder's Tale, An
- 14.Soraya / March of the Nignies
- 15.Auf Wiedersehen, Darrio
Personnel: Stony Browder Jr. (vocals, guitar, piano); Cory Daye, August Darnell (vocals); Andy Hernandez (accordion, vibraphone, marimba); Mickey Sevilla (drums, percussion); Don Armando Bonilla (percussion).
Liner Note Author: Bob Fisher .
Arrangers: Stony Browder Jr.; Charles Calello.
The Superbird label, an offshoot of Cherry Red, combines the first two albums from Dr. Buzzard's Savannah Band on one disc. The self-titled album features not just the number one disco single "Cherchez la Femme," but an additional half-hour of some of the most joyous and entertaining music issued in 1976. Meets King Penett, the 1978 follow-up, is not on the same level but rewards repeated listening, as it contains a similarly colorful fusion of disco and big band; the songs don't quite hit with the same immediacy. This disc should, but likely will not, remain in print for eternity. ~ Andy Kellman