The Shadows Of Knight Back Door Men
Hurry! Only 1 copy left Sorry no back-orders
|You Save:||$1.50 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: May 19, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Sundazed Music Inc.
- 1.Bad Little Woman
- 2.Gospel Zone
- 3.The Behemoth
- 4.Three for Love
- 5.Hey Joe
- 6.I'll Make You Sorry
- 7.Peepin' and Hidin'
- 8.Tomorrow's Going to Be Another Day
- 9.New York Bullseye
- 10.High Blood Pressure
- 12.Gospel Zone - (mono, single version)
- 13.Willie Jean - (mono, single)
- 14.I'm Gonna Make You Mine - (mono, single)
Personnel: Jim Sohns (vocals, marimba, maracas, tambourine); Joe Kelley (guitar, harp, harmonica); Warren Rogers, Jerry McGeorge (guitar); Hawk (piano, organ, keyboards); Tom Schiffour (drums).
Recording information: Universal Recording Corp., Chicago, IL.
Photographers: Paul Hippensteel; Steve Besch; Clark Besch; Jeff Jarema.
The original LP version of this album, the second by the legendary white Chicago garage punk/blues outfit, was one of the most sought-after artifacts of mid-'60s punk rock. Back Door Men was a loud, feedback-laden, sneering piece of rock & roll defiance, mixing raunchy anthems to teenage lust ("Gospel Zone," "Bad Little Woman"), covers of Chicago blues classics (Willie Dixon's "Spoonful," Jimmy Reed's "Peepin' and Hidin'"), raga rock ("The Behemoth"), folk-rock ("Hey Joe," "Three for Love," "I'll Make You Sorry"), and a blues-punk grab off of commercial Top 40 ("Tomorrow's Gonna Be Another Day") all on one 12" platter. What makes the record even more startling is that every one of these tracks, however far afield they go from one another, works. The band strides across the music spectrum with a reach and boldness that most listeners usually only associate with the likes of the Beatles or the Rolling Stones, and a grasp that, for a moment here, may have exceeded either of those groups, as they slide from electric guitar into extended Chess-style blues instrumentals ("New York Bullseye"). ~ Bruce Eder
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of ? And The Mysterians (Cameo Parkway) (CD)(20)
$11.65 Super Savings
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Bob Wills Sings & Plays/In Concert (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Joe Newman The Complete RCA Victor Recordings (1955-1956) "The Basie Days (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Fugitives On The Run With The Fugitives (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE