Sagittarius Present Tense
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|You Save:||$1.70 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 14, 1997
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Sundazed Music Inc.
Record Collector (magazine) - p.924 stars out of 5 -- "[A] gorgeous, swirly mix of inventive string-and-vocal arrangements over a Californian bass-led rhythm bed."
- 1.Another Time
- 2.Song to the Magic Frog (Will You Ever Know) - (Will You Ever Know)
- 3.You Know I've Found a Way
- 4.The Keeper of the Games
- 6.Would You Like to Go
- 7.My World Fell Down - (mono, single version)
- 8.Hotel Indiscreet - (mono, single version)
- 9.I'm Not Living Here
- 10.Musty Dusty
- 11.The Truth Is Not Real
- 12.Artificial Light (Of All the Living Lies) - (previously unreleased)
- 13.Get the Message - (previously unreleased)
- 14.Mass #586 - (previously unreleased)
- 15.Love's Fatal Way - (previously unreleased)
- 16.My World Fell Down - (single version)
- 17.Hotel Indiscreet - (single version)
- 18.Lonely Girl - (previously unreleased)
- 19.Keeper of the Games, The - (previously unreleased, demo)
- 20.Sister Marie - (previously unreleased, TRUE instrumental)
Includes 9 previously unreleased tracks.
Sagittarius includes: Gary Usher, Glen Campbell, The Firesign Theatre, Curt Boettcher, Bruce Johnston.
Producers: Gary Usher, Curt Boettcher.
Reissue producer: Bob Irwin
Originally released on Columbia (9644). Includes liner notes by Dawn Eden.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Curt Boettcher (vocals); Gary Usher, Bruce Johnston (vocals); Glen Campbell (guitar).
Audio Mixer: Bob Irwin.
Liner Note Authors: Dawn Eden; Joe Foster.
Recording information: 10/??/1966-08/07/1968.
Photographers: Guy Webster; Dawn Eden; Steve Besch; Clark Besch.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Wrecking Crew; Doug Rhodes; Firesign Theatre; Michael Fennelly; Joey Stec; Lee Mallory; Sandy Salisbury; Steve Clark ; Ron Edgar.
Arrangers: Curt Boettcher; Gary Usher; Keith Olsen .
In an alternative universe, Curt Boettcher would be lauded along with Brian Wilson as one of the reigning geniuses of '60s California pop and psychedelia. After success as a writer/producer for others, Boettcher founded the Ballroom and then the Millennium, recording material that was far ahead of its time. Some of the material and much of the sensibility of those groups were brought to Sagittarius, Boettcher's collaboration with producer/composer Gary Usher (the Byrds, Simon & Garfunkel, etc.).
In a revolutionary move for the time, Sagittarius was conceived purely as a studio group, and California pals like Glen Campbell and Beach Boy Bruce Johnston were brought in to work on PRESENT TENSE. The result is a marriage of pure pop, psychedelia and experimentalism that makes the PET SOUNDS-era Beach Boys sound like a bunch of high-school kids (or high schoolkids). Subsequent reissues of material by the Ballroom and Millennium are equally worthy of attention.
Top of the Pop Hits - The 60s, Volume 2 - Disc 2 (CD)
Nuggets: Original Artyfacts From The First Psychedelic Era,... (CD)
Out of StockSave for Later
The Best of ? And The Mysterians (Cameo Parkway) (CD)
$11.65 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 20 ratings.
Based on 20 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)
$1.98 on SALE