Ronny & The Daytonas G.T.O. - The Best of Ronny & The Daytonas
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$14.62 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.36 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 31, 1997
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Sundazed Music Inc.
- 2.California Bound
- 3.Bucket "T" - (previously unreleased, alternate take)
- 4.Hot Rod City
- 5.Hey Little Girl - (CD only)
- 6.Little Rail Job
- 7.Antique '32 Studebaker Dictator Coupe
- 8.Little Scrambler - (CD only)
- 9.No Wheels
- 10.Beach Boy
- 11.Tiger-A-Go-Go - (by Buzz And Bucky)
- 13.I'll Think Of Summer
- 14.If I Had My Way
- 15.When Stars Shine Bright - (CD only)
- 16.Nanci - (CD only)
- 17.Then The Rains Came
- 18.Somebody To Love Me - (CD only)
- 19.Goodbye Baby
- 20.Teenage Years
Liner Note Authors: John "Bucky" Wilkin; Bob Irwin; Brian Gari; Buzz Cason.
Recording information: 1964-1966.
Photographer: John "Bucky" Wilkin.
After years of suffering from various bootleg compilations direct from noisy 45s of dubious legality and awful fidelity, Sundazed puts together simply the best collection available on everybody's favorite Nashville hot rod group. John Bucky Wilkins -- aka Ronny Dayton -- was the nominal group's focus as songwriter, singer, and lead guitarist, doing most of his hot pickin' on a nylon-string classical model. As a songwriter, his principal inspirations were Brian Wilson and Chuck Berry. His producer was Sun Records alumni Bill Justis ("Raunchy"), a supposed rock hater, who nonetheless knew how to cut a hit. As a result, the handful of singles and two albums from Ronny & the Daytonas' Mala Records period (1964 to 1966) stand as not only some fine Beach Boys-influenced music, but some great rock & roll that actually goes somewhere, and isn't merely imitative. This 20-song comp is split almost evenly between the styles of their two biggest hits, with the first 11 tracks echoing the rocking, gas'n'go call to arms of "G.T.O."; the balance features the lush harmonies and Beach Boys ballad style of "Sandy." The big news here is that for the first time ever, first-generation master tapes have been used for everything -- and even an original, multi-layered, mono on mono (i.e., noisy and hissy) recording like "Sandy" sounds better than it ever has. The secret delight on here is "If I Had My Way," probably their musical high point as a band. And with a few tracks and some extra liners lopped off, it is also available on vinyl. ~ Cub Koda
The Rip ChordsHey Little Cobra and Other Hot Rod Hits / Three Window Coupe
$14.81 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Based on 5 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Hits: 47-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Burl Ives The Best of Little Bitty Tear (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Isley Brothers Shout! (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE