- Released: October 9, 2001
- Label: Koch Records
- 1.Strokin' - (single version)
- 2.Trying To Sleep Tonight
- 3.Messin' With My Mind
- 4.I Was In The Neighborhood
- 5.Dr. C. C.
- 6.Love Me With A Feeling
- 7.I'm Not Just Good, I'm The Best
- 8.Slip Away
- 9.Grandpa Can't Fly His Kite
- 10.Kiss You All Over
- 11.I've Got A Thing For You
- 12.I'm Between A Rock And A Hard Place
- 13.Strokin' - (long and dirty version, bonus track)
A smart collection of Clarence Carter's mid-'80s to early '90s regional hits on Ichiban, mostly old-fashioned deep soul songs leavened with the occasional modern production trick. On the basis of several of the tracks here, however, we are forced to declare Mr. Carter the, er, friskiest man in showbiz.
On the Southern cult hit "Strokin'," for example, he declares himself in favor of three specific sexual acts, at least two of which qualify as mortal sins in some faiths. Elsewhere, he makes a claim for a "Boogie Nights"-sized appendage, admonishes a potential lover in no uncertain terms ("I'm Not Just Good, I'm the Best," and who would wish to doubt him?), and with the cold breath of mortality on the back of his neck he vows to gather rosebuds while he still may, observing presciently that "Grandpa can't fly his kite because Grandma won't give it no tail."