- Released: November 19, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Sundazed Music Inc.
- 1.Good Thing - (featuring Mark)
- 2.All About Her - (featuring Mark)
- 3.In My Community - (featuring Fang)
- 4.Louise - (featuring Mark)
- 5.Why? Why? Why? (Is It So Hard) - (featuring Fang)
- 6.Oh! To Be A Man - (featuring Mark)
- 7.Hungry - (featuring Mark)
- 8.Undecided Man - (featuring Mark)
- 9.Our Candidate - (featuring Smitty)
- 10.1001 Arabian Nights - (featuring Mark)
- 11.Great Airplane Strike, The - (featuring Mark)
- 12.Bad Girl, (You're A) - (reissue only, featuring Mark)
- 13.Hungry - (reissue only, alternate version, featuring Mark)
- 14.Great Airplane Strike, The - (mono, reissue only, featuring Mark)
Paul Revere & The Raiders: Paul Revere, Mark Lindsay, Philip "Fang" Volk, Jim "Harpo" Valley, Michael "Smitty" Smith.
Producer: Terry Melcher.
Reissue producer: Bob Irwin.
Personnel: Paul Revere (organ).
Audio Mixer: Vic Anesini.
Liner Note Author: Derek Taylor.
Arrangers: Mort Garson; Terry Melcher.
One of the truly great Paul Revere and the Raiders albums--SOMETHING HAPPENING, MIDNIGHT RIDE and REVOLUTION are the others--1966's SPIRIT OF '67 is sort of the group's RUBBER SOUL. More mature than their earlier albums, it's still got a solid bar-band heart. The opening track "Good Thing" is one of the Raiders' better singles, though it for some reason wasn't one of their bigger hits, as was the album's other single, the swaggering "Hungry."
Elsewhere, the album contains some solid Turtles-style soft pop alongside the stomping frat-rockers, and there's even a handful of folk-rockish social commentary songs such as "In My Community," "Our Candidate," and "The Great Airplane Strike." The different styles blend harmoniously, and the new artistic directions don't sound like commercial affections, but like a logical progression from the group's earlier records. This reissue contains three bonus tracks, including a swell alternate take of "Hungry."