The Remains A Session With The Remains
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|You Save:||$1.50 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 12, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Sundazed Music Inc.
Rolling Stone - 3/20/97, p.84"...a legendary studio performance...of such explosive exuberance and muscular force that it has been...a religious totem of all that was manic and marvelous about mid-'60s pop..."
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Hang On Sloopy
- $0.99 on iTunes2.All Day And All Of The Night
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Why Do I Cry
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Like A Rolling Stone
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Johnny B. Goode
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Gonna Move
- $0.99 on iTunes7.I'm A Man
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Walkin' The Dog - (previously unreleased, demo)
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Ain't That Her - (previously unreleased, rehearsal)
- $0.99 on iTunes10.When I Want To Know - (previously unreleased, rehearsal)
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Why Do I Cry - (previously unreleased, rehearsal)
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Say You're Sorry - (previously unreleased, rehearsal)
- $0.99 on iTunes13.All Good Things - (previously unreleased, rehearsal)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
The bulk of A SESSION WITH THE REMAINS is taken from the garage-rock band's audition for Capitol Records, recorded live in a New York studio on May 26, 1966. All of the 13 tracks are previously unreleased in the U.S.; 6 of them are previously unreleased anywhere.
The Remains: Barry Tashian (vocals, guitar); William Briggs (keyboards, harmonica); Vern Miller (bass); Chip Damiani (drums).
Compilation producers: Bob Irwin, Jeff Jarema.
Recorded in 1965 and 1966. Includes liner notes by Jeff Jarema.
Tracks 1-8 are mono. Tracks 9-13 are stereo.
Recording information: 1965-1966.
Boston's Remains--or Barry and the Remains, as they were occasionally known--are known to the general public primarily because they were one of the opening acts on the Beatles' summer 1966 tour, including the legendary final show at Candlestick Park. Fanciers of classic garage rock recognize that the Remains are worth more than a footnote, however, and A SESSION WITH THE REMAINS is the result of the kind of fan worship only a true cult act can receive: this is the band's seven-track demo for Capitol Records along with a handful of live-in-the-studio rehearsals.
The demo shows all sides of the band, from the peppery original "Why Do I Cry" to solid beat group covers, ranging from "Hang On Sloopy" (better than the McCoys' hit) to "Like A Rolling Stone" (not better than Dylan's hit, but you'd be surprised how well it works). The rehearsals are rough but immediate, and the whole should be of interest to any garage rock fan.
The Best of ? And The Mysterians (Cameo Parkway) (CD)
$11.02 Super Savings
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
99¢ on SALE
Will You Love Me Tomorrow: The Girl Groups of 50s & 60s... (CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$6.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 10 ratings.
Based on 10 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Camp Meeting / Soul of The Gospel Harmonettes (CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$1.98 on SALE