Gram Parsons Another Side of This Life - The Lost Recordings
Only 4 copies left
|You Save:||$1.70 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
by The Flying Burrito Brothers ~ Hot Burritos! The Flying Burrito Brothers Anthology 1969-1972 (2-CD) $9.03
by The Flying Burrito Brothers / Gram Parsons ~ Sleepless Nights ~ $12.56
by Rodney Crowell ~ Tarpaper Sky ~ $14.38
- Released: November 2, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Sundazed Music Inc.
Q - 3/01, p.1243 stars out of 5 - "...Competent singer-strummer stuff, totally of the 1965-'66 era....notable for showing his musical roots were far from being alt.country."
CMJ - 1/22/01, p.19"...Proves just how amazing the man's raw talents were..."
Dirty Linen - 4-5/01, p.70"...Offers early demos of important and signature Parsons songs like ;Brass Buttons' and 'November Nights'..."
No Depression - 3-4/01, pp.103-4"...As a historical document, it is revealing...filling in a previously missing aspect of his musical life..."
No Depression - 5-6/01, p.114"...Offers a good opportunity to reconsider his strengths..."
Mojo (Publisher) - 2/01, p.99"...Shows a great artist drifting towards his moment of musical clarity..."
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Codine
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Wheel of Fortune
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Another Side of This Life
- $0.99 on iTunes4.High Flyin' Bird
- $0.99 on iTunes5.November Nights
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Zah's Blues
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Reputation
- $0.99 on iTunes8.That's the Bag I'm In
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Wille Jean
- $0.99 on iTunes10.They Still Go Down
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Pride of Man
- $0.99 on iTunes12.The Last Thing on My Mind
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Hey Nellie Nellie
- $0.99 on iTunes14.She's The Woman I Love / Good Time Music
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Brass Buttons
- $0.99 on iTunes16.I Just Can't Take It Anymore
- $0.99 on iTunes17.Searchin'
- $0.99 on iTunes18.Candy Man
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Includes liner notes by Jim Carlton and Stanley Booth.
These home recordings from 1965-66 (the sound quality is surprisingly good) are, essentially, the aural baby pictures of the artist as a young man. The Gram Parsons on display here has very little in common with the country rock titan he'd become a mere two years later.
At this stage, he was a conventional (if highly accomplished) folkie, with pretty much the same repertoire--Buffy St. Marie, Tim Hardin, Fred Neil, Tom Paxton, the Rev. Gary Davis--that most earnest young folkies performing at coffee houses around the nation depended on. There are a couple of early versions here of originals ("Brass Buttons" and "November Nights") that would later surface on Parsons' more accomplished solo albums. The real surprise, however, is his singing. The early Parsons possessed a genuinely pretty voice, with only hint of the ravaged soulfulness he'd later display with the original Flying Burrito Brothers.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7 ratings.
Based on 7 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE