Gladys Knight & The Pips If I Were Your Woman / Standing Ovation
|You Save:||$2.10 (10% Off)|
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
- by Gladys Knight & The Pips ~ Claudine / Pipe Dreams (Original Motion Picture Soundtracks) ~ $9.71
- by Baby Washington ~ The J&S Years ~ $27.96
- by Johnnie Taylor ~ The Johnnie Taylor Philosophy Continues ~ $17.08
- by The Supremes ~ Reflections: Definitive Performances, 1964-1969 ~ $13.48
- by Gladys Knight & The Pips ~ Very Best of The Early Years ~ $9.33
- Released: November 6, 2006
- Label: Universal I.S.
Mojo (Publisher) - p.1154 stars out of 5 -- "[B]oth 1971 albums find her raising the rafters on stompers or plumbing despair's depths on ballads with equal conviction."
- 1.If I Were Your Woman (Single Version)
- 2.Feeling Alright
- 3.One Less Bell to Answer
- 4.Let It Be
- 5.I Don't Want to Do Wrong (Single Version)
- 6.One Step Away
- 7.Here I Am Again
- 8.How Can You Say That Ain't Love
- 9.Is There a Place (In This Heart For Me)
- 10.Everybody Is a Star
- 11.Signed Gladys
- 12.Your Love's Been Good For Me
- 13.Make Me the Woman That You Go Home to (Single Version)
- 14.Can You Give Me Love With a Guarantee
- 15.Fire & Rain
- 16.Master of My Mind
- 17.Medley: He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother / Bridge Over Troubled Water
- 18.It Takes a Whole Lotta Man For a Woman Like Me
- 19.Help Me Make It Through the Night (Single Version)
- 20.Long & Winding Road
- 21.If You Gonna Leave (Just Leave) (Single Version)
- 22.No One Could Love You More
- 23.You Need Love Like I Do (Don't You) (Single Version)
2 original albums on 1 CD: IF I WERE YOUR WOMAN (1971) / STANDING OVATION (1971).
Another installment in Motown's excellent reissue campaign of Gladys Knight & the Pips full-length recordings, this edition combines 1971's excellent If I Were Your Woman with Standing Ovation. "If I Were Your Woman" is one of the group's finest moments, with a vocal performance by Knight that has few rivals in the soul music world. The rest of the album, much like a large percentage of Standing Ovation, is made up of filler tunes and cover versions that are curiosities for die-hard fans only. At times the group makes a concerted effort to take a song and give it a unique spin (a cover of James Taylor's "Fire and Rain" is especially noteworthy), but there are other times when the experiment flat-out fails (the "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother"/"Bridge Over Troubled Water" medley, for example). ~ Rob Theakston
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Millennium's Greatest Hits, Volume 1 (Audio Cassette)
$1.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY