Michael Jackson Got to Be There
Only 5 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$9.90 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.09 (17% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 17, 2003
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Polygram Uk
Rolling Stone - 12/7/72, p.68"..slick, artful and every bit as good as the regular Jackson 5 product...a sweetly touching voice...innocence and utter professionalism...fascinating and finally irresistable.."
- 1.Ain't No Sunshine - (studio, with The Jackson 5)
- 2.I Wanna Be Where You Are - (studio, with The Jackson 5)
- 3.Girl Don't Take Your Love From Me - (studio, with The Jackson 5)
- 4.In Our Small Way - (studio, with The Jackson 5)
- 5.Got To Be There - (studio, with The Jackson 5)
- 6.Rockin' Robin - (studio, with The Jackson 5)
- 7.Wings Of My Love - (studio, with The Jackson 5)
- 8.Maria (You Were The Only One) - (studio, with The Jackson 5)
- 9.Love Is Here And Now You're Gone - (studio, with The Jackson 5)
- 10.You've Got A Friend - (studio, with The Jackson 5)
2 LPs on 1 CD. Both are available separately on CD and cassette.
Producers: The Corporation, Willie Hutch, Mel Larson, Jerry Marcellano, Hal Davis.
This 1972 album ushered in the solo career of the young one who as a man would become the "King of Pop." GOT TO BE THERE includes early Michael Jackson top ten hits in the title track and his cover of Bobby Day's "Rockin' Robin."
Riding high on the wild success of the Jackson 5, Motown ringleader Berry Gordy assembled every single notable production team member and songwriter in his arsenal to contribute to the solo debut of the J5's boy wonder, Michael. By the time Got to Be There was released, much had changed in the Jackson dynamic, none the least Michael's voice. But this album launched three chart singles: a cover of the bubblegum classic "Rockin' Robin," Leon Ware's "I Wanna Be Where You Are," and the title track. As a cohesive album, Got to Be There is wildly erratic, and his covers of "You've Got a Friend" and "Ain't No Sunshine" show Jackson's versatility as a singer. It was a world away from the politically charged sound of Marvin Gaye's What's Going On and the introspection that would later grace some of the best works of Stevie Wonder. But Got to Be There kept Gordy as king of the sound of young America -- at least for a few months longer. ~ Rob Theakston
Dance with the Contours (Featuring Unissued Motown... (CD)
$14.81 Super Savings
Love Makes the World Go Round: The Motown Collection (CD)
$9.90 Super Savings
Love & Beauty [Love & Beauty...Plus - 25 Tracks] (CD)
$11.12 Super Savings
50th Anniversary: The Singles Collection 1964-1972 (3-CD)
$51.64 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 11 ratings.
Based on 11 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
99¢ on SALE