- Released: November 1, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Sundazed Music Inc.
- 1.I'm Drowning
- 2.Babes in the Sky
- 3.Love Time
- 4.My Yada
- 5.Golden Clouds
- 6.The Slide
- 7.Prelude in a Flat to Afternoon of a Pud
- 8.Cabria - (bonus track)
- 9.In Between - (bonus track)
- 10.Doin' My Time - (bonus track)
- 11.Night Owl Blues
- 12.Wild About My Lovin' - (bonus track)
- 13.Slide, The - (bonus track)
- 14.My Yada - (bonus track)
- 15.Local Boy Makes Good - (bonus track)
- 16.Sportin' Life - (bonus track)
- 17.Good Morning, Mr. Stone - (bonus track)
Personnel: Cyril Jordan, Tim Lynch, Roy Loney (vocals, guitar); George Alexander (vocals); Danny Mihm (percussion).
Liner Note Author: Jud Cost.
Recording information: Matrix club (1968); The Matrix, San Francisco, CA (1968).
Photographers: Danny Mihm; Dennis Loren; Roy Loney.
SUPER SNEAKERS is an essential document in the development of both power pop and the DIY underground. Self-released in 1968, when pretty much nobody was releasing albums on their own, the seven-track 10-inch LP SNEAKERS was enough of a success that Epic signed them for their 1969 full-length debut SUPERSNAZZ. Oddly, given the number of archival Groovies reissues, it took until 1996 for SNEAKERS to finally be reissued, in an expanded edition featuring 10 contemporaneous live recordings from original lead singer Roy Loney's private stash.
SNEAKERS is very much a document of its time--there's a psychedelic vibe to songs like "Prelude in A Flat to the Afternoon of a Pud" that's missing from their later, poppier work--but all thelements that made the Groovies special are already here. The remastering, liner notes, and extras are all up to Sundazed's usual excellent standards.