- Released: July 25, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Sundazed Music Inc.
Record Collector (magazine) - p.963 stars out of 5
-- "[T]hey worked within a studio-based world that drew on baroque pop and soft-pop styles, wrapping them in ambitious acoustic arrangements of guitars, sitars and woodwinds."
- 1.The Emancipation of Mr. X
- 3.The Ark
- 4.The Raven
- 6.Painted Dayglow Smile
- 7.Pipe Dream
- 8.Transatlantic Trauma 1966
- 9.Sidewalk Requiem, Los Angeles, June 5th and 6th
- 10.Pantheistic Study for Guitar and Large Bird
- 11.Paxton Quigley's Had the Course
- 12.You Need Feet (You Need Hands)
- 13.Song of the Love Child (Tobey's Song) - (bonus track)
- 14.Letter to a London Girl - (previously unreleased, bonus track)
- 15.Pipe Dream - (previously unreleased, bonus track)
Personnel: Jeremy Clyde (guitar); Teressa Adams (cello); Bill Fritz, Jim Horn (reeds, woodwinds); Lincoln Mayorga, Michel Rubini (keyboards); Jim Gordon (drums); Victor Feldman (percussion).
Liner Note Author: Jud Cost.
Recording information: 09/25/1967-07/27/1968.
Arranger: Chad Stuart.
While The Ark contained nothing quite as elaborate as "The Progress Suite" that had taken up one whole side of Of Cabbages and Kings, it was another psychedelic mishmash of styles -- Indian one minute, musichall the next -- of a kind so many popular performers had been indulging in at the time in hopes of making the next Sgt. Pepper. The difference was that most of Chad & Jeremy's peers had gotten it out of their systems the year before. But C&J were upper-class types who took naturally to the pretensions of the form -- they thought they were making Art. Their listeners thought differently: The Ark missed the charts, and Chad & Jeremy broke up. ~ William Ruhlmann