Davie Allan & The Arrows Blues Theme
Hurry! Only 1 copy left Sorry no back-orders
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
sku: JKCD 4223
- by Davie Allan & The Arrows ~ The Cycle-Delic Sounds of Davie Allan & The Arrows ~ $13.48
- Released: April 26, 2005
- Originally Released: 1967
- Label: Sundazed Music Inc.
Uncut - p.1184 stars out of 5 - "[B]y 1967's BLUES THEME, Allan had discovered his mean-outlaw formula and scored a Top 40 hit..."
- 1.Blues Theme
- 2.King Fuzz
- 3.Theme From Thunderball
- 4.William Tell 1967
- 5.Action On The Street
- 6.Theme From The Wild Angels
- 7.Theme From The Unknown
- 8.Fuzz Theme
- 9.Sorry 'Bout That
- 10.Ghostriders In The Sky
- 11.Runaway - (previously unreleased, Bonus Track)
- 12.High Noon - (previously unreleased, Bonus Track)
- 13.Theme From A Summer Place - (previously unreleased, Bonus Track)
Davie Allan & the Arrows: Davie Allan; Paul Johnson (guitar); Steve Pugh (bass instrument); Larry Brown (drums).
Personnel: Davie Allan (guitar).
Liner Note Authors: Mike Curb; Deke Dickerson.
Photographers: Davie Allan; George Sherlock.
"Blues Theme" is arguably the most famous track by Davie Allan & the Arrows. It was recorded quickly on Mike Curb's Tower label for the soundtrack to the move Wild Angels -- Peter Fonda's first biker flick and just before Easy Rider. With wild, screaming fuzz guitar and a surf beat, it signifies the sound of the L.A. Strip in 1967 and embodies -- in its two-minutes-and-ten-seconds -- all the cultural elements of its soundtrack -- the waning surf scene that traveled it, the muscle cars that roared through its lanes, the dawn of acid-crazed hippies floating down it, and the speed-drenched outlaw biker tribes who haunted it. The rest of the album is a literal pastiche of tracks that were issued under other names, slightly doctored for and from other soundtracks -- there were seven between the Arrows' first album, Apache '65, and Blues Theme -- or simply renamed. These include "King Fuzz," an instrumental remake of "The Twirl" by Harley Hatcher; "Theme from the Unknown," which had several names in earlier releases on 45 rpm's, and "Fuzz Theme," that was later re-titled "The Young World," for the soundtrack to Teen Rebellion. ~ Thom Jurek
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
The Best of ? And The Mysterians (Cameo Parkway) (CD)
$11.02 Super Savings
Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th Floor Elevators (Deluxe Ed.)... (CD)
$15.71 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Afternoon Delight: 70's Romance (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Enchantment Golden Classics, Featuring "Gloria" (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE