Funkadelic Funkadelic [Bonus Tracks]
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$15.19 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.79 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 18, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Westbound Records Us
Mojo (Publisher) - 1/03, p.110"...It's the best blues-influenced, warped acid rock you're likely to hear..."
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Mommy, What's A Funkadelic?
- $0.99 on iTunes2.I Bet You
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Music For My Mother
- $0.99 on iTunes4.I Got A Thing, You Got A Thing, Everybody's Got A Thing
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Good Old Music
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Qualify & Satisfy
- $0.99 on iTunes7.What Is Soul
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Can't Shake It Lose
- $0.99 on iTunes9.I'll Bet You
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Music For My Mother
- $0.99 on iTunes11.As Good As I Can Feel
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Open Our Eyes
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Qualify And Satisfy
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Music For My Mother
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Funkadelic: Ed Hazel (vocals, guitar); Bill Nelson (vocals, bass); Tiki Fulwood (vocals, drums); George Clinton, Fuzzy Haskins, Grady Thomas, Calvin Simon, Raymond Davis (vocals); Tawl Ross (guitar); Mickey Atkins (organ).
Engineers include: Milan Bogden, Russ Terrana, Ed Wolfrum.
Recorded at Terra Shirma Sound Studios, Detroit, Michigan.
Funkadelic's self-titled 1969 debut may not be on the same plateau as the group's later, all-encompassing masterpieces (MAGGOT BRAIN, COSMIC SLOP, etc.), but does serve as the strong foundation upon which their early 70's masterworks were built. Along with Jimi Hendrix's band, Funkadelic is one of the first units to inject funk with hard rock. Whereas funk pioneer James Brown concentrates on creating air-tight, precise grooves, Funkadelic keeps things loose, raw, and groovy. Drug experimentation also plays a prominent role in the band's early work, perhaps never as evidently as on FUNKADELIC.
From the beginning, singer George Clinton has been the band's undisputed leader. He wrote or co-wrote nearly all of FUNKADELIC's seven tracks and also served as the album's producer. Bassist Billy Nelson and guitarist Eddie Hazel are superb instrumentalists, as heard on the slowly evolving "Music For My Mother," the frantic "I Got A Thing," and the album's Motown soul-inflected hit single "I Bet You" (the latter featuring great vocal interplay between all members). And the seeds for such future Funkadelic epics as "Maggot Brain" and "Wars of Armageddon" can be traced to the album's longest compositions, "Mommy, What's A Funkadelic?" and "Good Old Music."
FunkadelicLive: Meadowbrook, Rochester, Michigan 12th September 1971
$13.96 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 12 ratings.
Based on 12 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Somebody's Been Sleeping / 100 Proof Aged In Soul [Import] (CD)
$11.12 Super Savings
20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best of Atl (CD)
$8.34 Super Savings
Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2: Awesome Mix Vol. 2 (CD)
$10.33 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists WDAS 105.3FM - Classic Soul Hits, Volume 1 (2-CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Amazing Hits (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE
- Skeeter Davis Blueberry Hill / The End of The World (CD) ~ $1.98 on SALE