Funkadelic Free Your Mind...And Your Ass Will Follow
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$15.19 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.79 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 17, 1989
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Westbound Records Us
Record Collector (magazine) - p.1015 stars out of 5 -- "Mixing a dirty groove with wacked-out sound effects and razor-sharp lyrics, this is a superb first release..."
- 1.Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow
- 2.Friday Night, August 14th
- 3.Funky Dollar Bill
- 4.I Wanna Know If It's Good To You?
- 5.Some More
- 6.Eulogy And Light
- 7.Fish, Chips & Sweat
- 8.Free Your Mind Radio Advert
- 9.I Wanna Know If It's Good To You - (vocals)
- 10.I Wanna Know If It's Good To You - (instrumental)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Funkadelic: George Clinton, Raymond Davis, Fuzzy Haskins, Calvin Simon, Grady Thomas (vocals); Eddie Hazel, Tawl Ross (guitar); Bernie Worrell (keyboards); Billy Nelson (bass); Tiki Fulwood (drums).
Recorded at United Sound Studios, Audio Graphic Services, and G-M Recording Studios, Detroit, Michigan.
Funkadelic's self-titled debut may have touched upon drug-induced acid rock, but on their 1970 follow-up, FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW, the band blows the door off its hinges. Look no further than the album-opening ten-minute title track--perhaps the most spaced out composition witnessed by rock & roll since the Rolling Stones' late-'60s psychedelic-phase--for the proof. Funkadelic is still a step away from perfecting its funk-rock craft. This album is hindered by very treble-heavy production, a sonic approach very unlike the group's future bass-indulgent works.
FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW is one of Funkadelic's shortest albums, at barely over a half-hour in length. But the one-dimensional production proves even more frustrating. There's plenty of sonic experimentation going on within each composition, but it's all but impossible to decipher. Tracks such as "Friday Night, August 14th," "Funky Dollar Bill," and "I Wanna Know If It's Good To You?" are all highlights, the band locking into one killer funk groove after another. The haunting and tranquil "Eulogy and Light" closes the album with a fusion of backwards singing and gospel-like speech, a fitting end to Funkadelic's most 'out there' recording.
FunkadelicLive: Meadowbrook, Rochester, Michigan 12th September 1971
$13.96 Super Savings
FunkadelicStanding on the Verge of Getting It On [Bonus Tracks]
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Based on 9 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Somebody's Been Sleeping / 100 Proof Aged In Soul [Import] (CD)(2)
$11.12 Super Savings
20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best of Atl (CD)(11)
$4.31 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Duane Eddy Duane A Go Go Go / Duane Eddy Does Bob Dylan (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Doo Wop 45s On CD, Volume 3 ~ $1.98 on SALE