Funkadelic Cosmic Slop [Bonus Track]
Only 7 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$15.19 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.79 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 18, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Westbound Records Us
Q - 9/00, p.1244 stars out of 5 - "...Clinton's fertile imagination working overtime is still something to hear."
Mojo (Publisher) - p.1184 stars out of 5 - "COSMIC SLOP was a crisply edited shot at the charts, achieved without downgrading the intelligence of the lyrics..."
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Nappy Dugout
- $0.99 on iTunes2.You Can't Miss What You Can't Measure
- $0.99 on iTunes3.March To The Witch's Castle
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Let's Make It Last
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Cosmic Slop
- $0.99 on iTunes6.No Compute
- $0.99 on iTunes7.This Broken Heart
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Trash A-Go-Go
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Can't Stand The Strain
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Cosmic Slop - (single edit, bonus track)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Funkadelic: Gary Shider, Ron Bykowski (guitar); Bernie Worrell (melodica, keyboards); Boogie Mosson (bass); Tyrone Lampkin (percussion).
Additional personnel: Tiki Fulwood (drums).
Recorded at Manta Dound, Toronto, Canada and United Sound, Detroit, Michigan. Includes liner notes by Sir Lieb.
With each successive release, Funkadelic was streamlining its sound, a process culminating in such early '70s classics as COSMIC SLOP. The group's acid rock-heavy early work had metamorphosed into straight-up, party hearty funk, with lyrics that alternate between the serious (the title track) and the humorous ("No Compute"). It may not be as awe-inspiring as their masterpiece, MAGGOT BRAIN, but, more than any other Funkadelic album, COSMIC SLOP stresses the importance of the almighty groove.
The album opens with one of Funkadelic's funkiest tracks ever, the largely instrumental "Nappy Dugout." It's clear from the start that Funkadelic, despite a revolving cast of characters, is one of the tightest bands around. The aforementioned title track is perhaps the group's best known number. It tells the downhearted tale of a young single mother who has to turn to the shadier side of the streets to support her family, but the music has obvious pop leanings. Other highlights include the vicious Led Zeppelin-esque rocker "Trash A-Go-Go," the album-closing soul ballad "Can't Stand the Strain," and the brokenhearted "You Can't Miss What You Can't Measure."
FunkadelicStanding on the Verge of Getting It On [Bonus Tracks]
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 26 ratings.
Based on 26 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Somebody's Been Sleeping / 100 Proof Aged In Soul [Import] (CD)(2)
$11.12 Super Savings
20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: Best of Atl (CD)(11)
$8.84 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 80s: Groovin' Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 70s, Volume 2 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 2 - Disc 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE