- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 50 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 1, 2003
- Originally Released: 1973
- Label: Kino Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: "Ely Landau: In Front of the Camera"
- Production Interviews: Edie Landau
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Access
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Production Art
- "LUTHER and John Osborne" - An essay by Michael Feingold, Head Theater Critic, The Village Voice
- Poster Art
Performers, Cast and Crew:
This adaptation of John Osborne's LUTHER was part of the American Film Theater series, conceived in the 1970s by producer Ely Landau and meant to be shown theatrically just like a play, with tickets sold in advance. Stacy Keach stars as Martin Luther, the German priest who, during the 16th century, challenged the Roman Catholic Church and, during a movement known as the Reformation, created a new form of Christianity. The film begins with Luther as a young novice and follows him as he becomes an expert theologian who is moved to write the 95 Theses, a series of protestations against a church he saw as corrupt. Soon, Luther is taking his message to the people, which in turn forces him to go before the very church he is denouncing and face their judgment.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 116,557
- UPC: 738329027926
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item