Original Soundtrack From The Film Lone Star
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$1.70 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- Released: June 4, 1996
- Label: Daring Records
- 1.Mi Unico Camino - Conjunto Bernal
- 2.Juana La Cubana - Fito Olivares
- 3.Boogie - Little Walter
- 4.Sam And Pilar - Duke Levine, Mike Turk
- 5.You Hurt Me - Little Willie John
- 6.The Night's Too Long - Lucinda Williams
- 7.Since I Met You Baby - Ivory Joe Hunter
- 8.Sabor A Mi - Isidoro Lopez
- 9.Jurame - Lydia Mendoza
- 10.Papertrail - Duke Levine
- 11.My Love Is - Little Willie John
- 12.Desde Que Conosco - Freddie Fender
- 13.Lagrimas De Acero - Duke Levine, Evan Harlan, Marshall Wood and Tim Jackson
- 14.I'm Blue And Lonesome - Duke Levine, Mike Turk, Billy Novick, Marshall Wood and Tim Jackson
- 15.I Want To Be A Cowboy's Sweetheart - Patsy Montana And The Prairie Ramblers
Compilation producers: Mason Daring, Dave Schacter.
Original tracks recorded at Daring Studios, Marblehead, Massachusetts.
Personnel: Duke Levine (guitar, 6-string bass); Mike Turk (harmonica); Evan Harlan (accordion); Billy Novick (saxophone); Larry Luddecke (piano); Marshall Wood (upright bass); Tim Jackson (drums).
Audio Mixers: Dave Shacter; Mason Daring.
Recording information: Daring Studios, Marblehead, MA.
Translator: Freddy Fender.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Conjunto Bernal; Fito Olivares; Ivy Jo Hunter ; Little Walter; Little Willie John; Lucinda Williams; Lydia Mendoza; Patsy Montana & the Prairie Ramblers.
As might be expected with a John Sayles movie, this soundtrack is far from anything that might be expected -- composer/music supervisor Mason Daring has not only taken into account the musical themes inherent in the borderland of Texas and Mexico, he has worked in other musical elements appropriate to the mileu and the time periods in which the movie takes place -- racism against African-Americans comes into play in the course of the story, so you find juke joint music turning up between the conjunto and country, not to mention jazz-inflected Western instrumentals. Among those turning in fine performances are Duke Levine and Freddy Fender, while tracks from Little Walter, Lucinda Williams, Ivory Joe Hunter, and others are worked into the course of things. Good movie. Good album, too. ~ Steven McDonald
Black Roses (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$8.98 on SALE
Maniac Cop (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$20.24 Super Savings
Johnny Be Good (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (LP)
$3.74 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE