- Number of Discs: 21
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 36 hours, 29 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 18, 2008
- Originally Released: 1969
- Label: A&E Home Video
- 20-Disc Set
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Mono - English
- Stereo - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Deleted Scenes
- Behind the Scenes: Behind the Scenes of John Cleese's Personal Best
- Trailers: Preview Upcoming Episodes
- Terry Gilliam's "A Retrospective of Python's Animation"
- Personal Second-Best from Graham Chapman, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, and Michael Palin
- Meet the Chaps
- Troupe Career Highlights
- Post-Python Troup Highlights
- Bleeding Critics
- Confusing Musings
- Six 15-Question
- Interactive Games: 15-Ton Megaquizzes
- Galleries: Concept Art - Gillianimations Art Gallery
- Biographies: Python Troupe and Selected Credits
- Additional Text:
- Pythonism Glossary
- Weblink to PythonShop.com
Performers, Cast and Crew:
It seems impossible that the monumental, rambunctious comedy of MONTY PYTHON'S FLYING CIRCUS could be contained in a single set, but it's all here: the cheese shop, Atilla the Nun, the dead parrot, and even the fish-slapping dance. In one fell swoop, fans can trace the troupe's Absurdist arcs, and revel in the inimitable talents of Cleese, Palin, Jones, Idle, Chapman, and Gilliam, collectively the most celebrated sketch comics of the modern era. This more-than-complete collection includes every single episode from the legendary show's four-year run on the BBC, as well as four additional performances and rarities: LIVE AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL, MONTY PYTHON LIVE AT ASPEN, PARROT SKETCH NOT INCLUDED, and MONTY PYTHON'S FLIEGENDER ZIRKUS. For fans who crave a glorious death-blow of even more Python material, the set offers a "Pythonism" glossary and an art gallery of Terry Gilliam's animations.
Description by New Video Group:
WARNING: TOXIC JOCULARITY ENCLOSED. Inside this decorative carton lurk four seasons of MOnty Python's Flying Circus, two NEW-to-DVD documentaries, two Monty Python LIVE performances, and six "Personal Best" compilations. The whole great mess--Spam tins, parrot carcasses, blancmanges, and all--has been safely digitized, compressed into microscopic "funny bits," pressed onto 21 shiny discs, and sealed within this whimsy-proof receptacle.
SO DON'T OPEN IT! All right, if you must. But beware: there's new material you can't repeat verbatim (yet). "Before the FLying Circus" employs rare vintage footage to explore the influences that shaped six young lunatics into the world's most innovative comedy troupe, while "Monty Python Conquers America" documents their tremendous, yet astonishingly unlikely, American success. The six "Personal Best" collections present the best sketches and songs, as selected, arranged, and hosted by the individual Pythons themselves. And, of course, "Monty Python Live" shows what happens when absurd TV sketches are inflicted on live audiences. Now stop reading and put a disc in your DVD machine. This bloody box of buffoonery can't watch itself.
British Comedy |
British Television |
Comedy Teams |
Sketch Comedy |
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 357 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- UPC: 733961145540
- Shipping Weight: 2.80/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 21 items