Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: G
- Run Time: 1 hours, 36 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 4, 2008
- Originally Released: 1973
- Label: 20th Century Fox
NOTE: This Blu-ray Disc Features Both the Extended and Theatrical Versions of BATTLE FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Packaging: Keep Case - Checkpoint, Sensormatic
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- DTS HD Master Audio 5.1 - English
- Dolby Surround 5.1 - French
- Mono - French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, Spanish - Optional
Additional Release Material:
- Disc Introduction by the Law Giver
- End of an Epic: The Final Battle
- Forced Trailers
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Additional Interactive Features:
- Interactive Pressbook
- BD-Live Portal
- Advertising Gallery
- Behind the Scenes Gallery
- San Simian Sentinel Gallery
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Washington Post - 11/20/2009
"The animated movie succeeds as a gently wry twist on E.T."
The fifth and final episode in the Planet of the Apes series. After the collapse of human civilization, a community of intelligent apes lives in harmony with a group of humans, but a community of mutants who reside beneath a destroyed city try to conquer those whom they perceive as enemies. Footage from the previous installments is effective in providing background information as flashbacks in an attempt to bring the series to a logical finish. A later television series attempted to rekindle original plotlines with newer ones.
Description by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment:
Roddy McDowall and Claude Akins star in the fifth and last chapter of the legendary Apes saga. Set in 2670 A.D., an idyllic society of man and ape is threatened by both a militant gorilla (Akins) and a tribe of still-intelligent mutant humans. Finally, simmering tensions dividing the primates erupt in an apocalyptic climax. When the smoke clears, the carnage is everywhere, but there is hope for a new beginning for man and ape.
- Final film in the five part series.
- Color by DeLuxe.
- Additional cast: Robert Porter (Cornelius) and Noah Keen (Teacher).