Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: G
- Run Time: 1 hours, 37 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 31, 2009
- Originally Released: 1971
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- DTS HD Master Audio 5.1 - English
- Mono - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: Disc Introduction by The Ape Guide
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Behind the Scenes:
- Don Taylor Directs ESCAPE FROM THE PLANET OF THE APES
- The Secret Behind ESCAPE FROM THE PLANET OF THE APES
- Additional Interactive Features - BD-Live Portal
- Biographies: Planet of the Apes Timeline
- Additional Text: Text Commentary by Eric Greene, Author of "Planet of the Apes as American Myth"
- Advertising Gallery
- Behind-the-Scenes Gallery
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 02/17/1995
"...Möbius-strip effect..." -- Rating: B+
This third installment in the PLANET OF THE APES series finds Cornelius and Zira in modern-day Los Angeles. They have traveled back in time, but soon find that they have enemies in the past as well as the present. This is thought by many to be the best of the sequels. Followed by CONQUEST OF THE PLANET OF THE APES.
Roddy McDowall and Kim Hunter reprise their roles from the original Planet of the Apes in this third chapter of the Apes saga. Two intelligent simians from the future, Cornelius (McDowall) and Zire (Hunter) travel to present-day Earth. They become instant sensations, wined and dined and treated like celebrities - until a high-level plot forces them to run for their lives!
Source: 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
In the future, the Earth is ruled by a race of highly-evolved simians who supplanted humans after a nuclear holocaust. But when the ape-led Earth is threatened with total annihilation, a trio of scientists journey backwards through time in order to prevent the catastrophe. Once in the human-led world, however, they find themselves hunted by a suspicious and fearful government desirous of making them the subjects of an experiment that could alter the course of human and ape events.
Theatrical Release |
- Sal Mineo's last feature film.