Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: G
- Run Time: 1 hours, 34 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 31, 2009
- Originally Released: 1970
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- Encoding: Region [unknown]
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- DTS Master Audio 5.1 - English
- Mono - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Behind the Scenes: From Alpha to Omega: Building a Sequel
- Forced Trailers
- Original Theatrical Trailers
- Additional Interactive Features:
- BD-Live Portal
- Interactive Pressbook
- Additional Text: "The Ape News"
- Behind-the-Scenes Gallery
- Advertising Gallery
- Lobby Card Gallery
Performers, Cast and Crew:
The second installment in the PLANET OF THE APES series finds another astronaut (Franciscus) following in Heston's time-wandering footsteps to a planet ruled by highly evolved apes where he encounters a group of nuclear holocaust survivors living in Grand Central Station and worshipping the very atomic warhead that destroyed their world. Followed by ESCAPE FROM THE PLANET OF THE APES.
Description by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment:
In the acclaimed sequel to Planet of the Apes, another astronaut (James Franciscus) crashes through the time barrier searching for the missing Taylor (Charlton Heston). The daring rescue leads to a subterranean city where mutant humans, who practice mind control, worship a weapon capable of destroying the entire planet. Both an action-oriented science-fiction adventure and a wry commentary on today's world, it's imaginative entertainment for fantasy buffs of all ages.
The second installment in the Planet of Apes series. Here, an earthling sent to find the astronauts of the original film discovers not only a world of intelligent, talking apes, but an underground cult of grotesque "humans" who are the survivors of a nuclear blast years ago. Unfortunately, these mutants worship a nuclear bomb, a weapon which not only is the centerpiece of their society, but can be detonated at any time...
Nuclear Destruction |
Theatrical Release |