Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Number of Discs: 5
- Rated: G
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 8 hours, 13 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 12, 2009
- Originally Released: 1968
- Label: 20th Century Fox
- 5-Disc Set
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- DTS 5.1 - English
- Mono - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Documentary: Behind the PLANET OF THE APES
- Additional Audio Material: Isolated Score Tracks
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailers
- "Evolution of the Apes"
- "Impact of the Apes"
- "A Public Service Announcement From ANSA"
- "BENEATH THE PLANET OF THE APES - "From Alpha to Omega: Building a Sequel""
- "ESCAPE FROM THE PLANET OF THE APES - " The Secret Behind Escape""
- "CONQUEST OF THE PLANET OF THE APES" - Riots and Revolutions: Confronting the Times""
- "BATTLE FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES" - End of an Epic: The Final Battle""
- "PLANET OF THE APES NATO Presentation" (1967)
- "PLANET OF THE APES Vintage Featurette" (1968)
- "A Look Behind the PLANET OF THE APES" (1972)
- "Don Taylor Directs ESCAPE FROM THE PLANET OF THE APES"
- " J. Lee Thompson Directs CONQUEST OF THE PLANET OF THE APES"
- "Science of the Apes"
Behind the Scenes:
- Composer Jerry Goldsmith
- Actors Roddy McDowall, Natalie Trundy, Kim Hunter and Makeup Artist John Chambers
- Planet of the Apes Makeup Test with Edward G. Robinson (1966)
- Roddy McDowall On-set Footage
- Planet of the Apes Dailies and Outtakes (No Audio)
- Behind the PLANET OF THE APES Promo (1988)
- Additional Interactive Features - Interactive Pressbooks
- Interactive Game - "Beyond the Forbidden Zone" Adventure Game
- Vintage Newspaper Galleries
- Advertising and Lobby Card Galleries
- Concept Art - Original Sketches by Costume Designer Morton Haack
- Text Commentary by Eric Greene and Author of "Planet of the Apes as American Myth"
- PLANET OF THE APES Timeline
Disc 1: PLANET OF THE APES
Disc 2: BENEATH THE PLANET OF THE APES
Disc 3: ESCAPE FROM THE PLANET OF THE APES
Disc 4: CONQUEST OF THE PLANET OF THE APES
Disc 5: BATTLE FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Get your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape."
Empire - 02/01/2009
4 stars out of 5 -- "Each of these has something to recommend it....the fourth film, CONQUEST OF THE PLANET OF THE APES, reinstates footage cut to secure a PG rating."
This behemoth box set features all five PLANET OF THE APES movies, beginning with the 1968 original in which a group of astronauts find themselves stranded on a world where apes evolved from humans. Spaceman Charlton Heston is nonplussed--none too pleased, even--to learn the shocking surprise about humanity's future. The series continues with BENEATH THE PLANET OF THE APES, ESCAPE FROM THE PLANET OF THE APES, CONQUEST OF THE PLANET OF THE APES, and BATTLE FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES, each of which offers a combination of smart, satirical writing, sci-fi adventure, and endless ape action. Included among the copious deluxe supplements are vintage behind-the-scenes footage, make-up tests, commentaries, featurettes, a 1967 N.A.T.O presentation, the feature-length documentary BEHIND THE PLANET OF THE APES hosted by Roddy McDowell, and much more. See individual titles for more information.
Description by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment:
The compelling and classic 1968 Planet Of The Apes stars Oscar-winner® Charlton Heston (Ben-Hur, 1960) as an astronaut who crash lands on a planet ruled by apes who use a primitive race of humans for experimentation and sport. Beneath The Planet Of The Apes tells the story of a daring rescue mission that leads to a subterranean city where mutant humans worship a weapon capable of destroying the entire planet. In Escape From The Planet Of The Apes, two futuristic simians who have traveled to present-day Earth enjoy celebrity status - until a government plot forces them to run for their lives! In Conquest Of The Planet Of The Apes, apes have been domesticated and trained as pets and personal servants - until their continual mistreatment leads to a spectacular revolt. In the final Apes chapter, Battle For The Planet Of The Apes, an idyllic society of man and ape is threatened by both a militant gorilla and a tribe of still-intelligent mutant humans.