King Curtis Night Train
Only 6 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by King Curtis / Champion Jack Dupree ~ Blues At Montreux ~ $3.98 (Save 69%)
- by King Curtis ~ Have Tenor Sax, Will Blow / Live At Small's Paradise ~ $10.98 (Save 27%)
- by King Curtis ~ Live at Fillmore West [Deluxe] ~ $13.25
- by King Curtis ~ The New Scene of King Curtis ~ $17.99
- by King Curtis ~ Soul Twist And Other Golden Classics ~ $8.43 (Save 35%)
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: April 24, 1995
- Label: Prestige
- 2.Honky Tonk
- 3.So Rare
- 4.Tippin' In
- 5.You Came a Long Way From St. Louis
- 6.Tuxedo Junction
- 7.The Hucklebuck
- 8.Lean Baby
- 9.Harlem Nocturne
- 10.Night Train
- 12.Free for All
- 13.Easy Like
- 14.Hot Saxes
- 15.I'll Wait for You
- 16.The Party Time Twist
- 17.Low Down
- 18.Keep Movin'
- 19.(Let's Do) The Hully Gully Twist
- 20.Slow Motion
- 22.Something Frantic
2 LPs on 1 CD: OLD GOLD (1961)/IT'S PARTY TIME WITH KING CURTIS (1962).
Personnel: King Curtis (alto & tenor saxophones); Billy Butler, Eric Gale (guitar); Jack McDuff (organ); Bob Bushnell (bass); Ray Lucas (drums); Willie Rodriguez (bongoes, congas).
Recorded in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey on September 19, 1961. Includes original release liner notes by Dale Wright.
IT'S PARTY TIME WITH KING CURTIS:
Personnel: King Curtis (alto & tenor saxophones); Billy Butler (guitar); Sam "The Man" Taylor (tenor saxophone); Paul Griffin (piano); Ernie Hayes (organ); Jimmy Lewis (bass); Ray Lucas (drums).
Recorded on July 11, 1961 & January 5, 1962. Includes original release liner notes by Tom Wilson.
Digitally remastered by Phil De Lancie (1995, Fantasy Studios, Berkeley, California).
Personnel: King Curtis (alto saxophone, tenor saxophone); Eric Gale , Billy Butler (guitar); Sam "The Man" Taylor (tenor saxophone); Paul Griffin (piano); Jack McDuff, Ernie Hayes (organ); Ray Lucas (drums); Willie Rodriguez (congas, bongos).
Liner Note Author: Tom Wilson .
Recording information: Englewood Cliffs, NJ (07/11/1961-01/05/1962).
Photographer: Don Schlitten.
King Curtis, R&B's great tenor sax player, rides grooves like a cowboy does unruly steeds. Curtis blows ferociously but is always in control, unlike Junior Walker, whose sax seems to be cussing you out at times (which is Walker's charm). Accompanied by several noted jazz artists -- Jack McDuff (organ), Eric Gale (guitar), Willie Rodriguez (bongos, conga), and Ray Lucas (drums) -- Curtis serenades and balms on "Harlem Nocturne," bops-u-silly on "Honky Tonk," and boogies on "The Hucklebuck" and "(Let's Do) The Hully Gully Twist." But those are only a small part of the 22 tracks, all of which emphasize Curtis' patented groove and powerful exhortations. Engineer Rudy Van Gelder keeps the sound squeaky clean and the levels balanced. Excellent party or card game music. ~ Andrew Hamilton
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Essential Recordings: The Great Johnny Adams Jazz Album (CD)
$8.73 Super Savings
I'm the One Who Loves You: The Complete Volt Recordings (CD)
$12.35 Super Savings
Storm Warning: Philly Original Soul Classics, Volume 1 (CD)(2)
$13.95 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE