Generations of Blues, Volume 2 - Born In Chicago
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$3 (38% Off)|
Out of Print: Future availability is unknown
sku: ZVAN 78006
- by Various Artists ~ American Folk Blues Festival 1963-1966: The British Tours ~ $13.48
- by Various Artists ~ Crucial Rockin' Blues ~ $8.39
- Released: June 9, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Vanguard Records
- 1.Paul Butterfield Blues BandBorn In Chicago
- 2.Junior WellsStormy Monday Blues
- 3.Charlie MusselwhiteLittle By Little
- 4.Muddy WatersMannish Boy
- 5.John MayallRoom To Move
- 6.Sonny Boy WilliamsonDon't Start Me To Talkin'
- 7.Son HouseEmpire State Express
- 8.Big Walter HortonRockin' My Boogie
- 9.Jimmy ReedBig Boss Man
- 10.Jimmy Cotton Blues QuartetRocket 88
- 11.Siegel-Schwall BandSlow Blues In A
- 12.Little WalterJuke
Full Title: Generations Of Blues, Vol. 2: Born In Chicago.
Performers include: Muddy Waters, Junior Wells, Charlie Musselwhite, Little Walter.
Liner Note Author: Roy Trakin.
Photographers: David Gahr; Diana Davies.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Little Walter; Muddy Waters; Junior Wells; Charlie Musselwhite.
The blues were not born, but did evolve in Chicago, as did the majority of artists on this collection. The most blatant non-Chi-Town exception is John Mayall, with most others coming up from the Delta. Still this is a decent collection of classic blues, especially with the tracks from Muddy Waters, Jimmy Reed, Little Walter, James Cotton, Son House, Sonny Boy Williamson and, to a slightly lesser extent, Mayall and Paul Butterfield, Junior Wells, and Big Walter. Newbies to the blues can pick their favorites and get more extensive works, so this serves as a fairly good, three-quarters essential primer. ~ Michael G. Nastos
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!