Billy Preston Ultimate Collection
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$8.84 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.11 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Billy Preston ~ The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection ~ $8.34
- by Sly & The Family Stone ~ The Essential Sly & The Family Stone (2-CD) ~ $12.85
- by Syreeta ~ The Essential Syreeta ~ $8.98
- by Billy Preston ~ Soul Meetin' ~ $7.79
- Released: March 21, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Hip-O Records
- 1.Will It Go Round In Circles
- 2.Outta Space
- 3.Slaughter - (from "Slaughter")
- 4.I Wrote A Simple Song
- 5.That's The Way God Planned It - (live)
- 7.Fancy Lady
- 8.You're So Unique
- 9.Space Race
- 10.Get Back - (from "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band")
- 12.Wide Stride
- 13.Nothing From Nothing
- 14.I'm Really Gonna Miss You
- 15.You Are So Beautiful
- 16.With You I'm Born Again - (from "Fast Break", with Syreeta)
- 17.Since I Held You Close
- 18.Go For It - (from "Fast Break", with Syreeta)
- 19.One More Time For Love - (with Syreeta)
- 20.I'm Never Gonna Say Goodbye
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Billy Preston (vocals, keyboards); Syreeta (vocals).
Includes liner notes by Sean Ross.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Billy Preston (vocals, keyboards).
Liner Note Author: Sean Ross.
Singer/keyboardist Billy Preston started out as a teenage soul/jazz organ prodigy, subsequently became the "fifth Beatle," and evolved into one of the funkiest hitmakers of the 1970s. ULTIMATE COLLECTION lives up to its title, presenting Preston's R&B/pop chart-toppers under one roof. Brimming with pop hooks and infectious grooves, "Will It Go Round In Circles" and "Nothing From Nothing" virtually define the sound of '70s pop radio, and the instrumentals "Space Race" and "Outta Space" show off Preston's famed keyboard chops, with unerringly funky clavinet and synthesizer work. Preston's composition "You Are So Beautiful," a gorgeous ballad made famous by Joe Cocker, is poignant and soulful when performed by its author, and a cover of the Beatles' "Blackbird" is a striking reinvention of the ballad. This anthology stands as the most comprehensive summary of Preston's talents as songwriter, singer, and musician.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 26 ratings.
Based on 26 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD...
$8.48 LABOR DAY
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE