Ike & Tina Turner Proud Mary: The Best of Ike & Tina Turner (2-CD)
15 copies available
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 1, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Capitol
Rolling Stone - 10/31/02, p.136Ranked # 11 in Rolling Stone's "Women in Rock: The 50 Essential Albums"
- 1.A Fool in Love
- 2.I Idolize You
- 3.I'm Jealous
- 4.It's Gonna Work Out Fine
- 5.Poor Fool
- 6.Tra La La La La
- 7.You Should'a Treated Me Right
- 8.Come Together
- 9.Honky Tonk Women
- 10.I Want to Take You Higher
- 11.Workin' Together
- 12.Proud Mary
- 13.Funkier Than a Mosquito's Tweeter
- 14.Ooh Poo Pah Doo
- 15.I'm Yours (Use Me Anyway You Wanna)
- 16.Up in Heah
- 17.River Deep, Mountain High
- 18.Nutbush City Limits
- 19.Sweet Rhode Island Red
- 20.Sexy Ida, Pt. 1
- 21.Sexy Ida, Pt. 2
- 22.Baby -- Get It On
- 23.The Acid Queen
- 24.[Untitled Hidden Track]
- 25.[Untitled Hidden Track]
PROUD MARY-THE BEST OF IKE & TINA contains songs from Ike & Tina's stint with the Minit, Liberty and Untied Artists labels.
Personnel includes: Ike Turner (vocals, guitar, bass); Tina Turner (vocals); The Ikettes (background vocals).
Producers include: Ike Turner, Juggy Murray, Mickey & Sylvia, Gerhard Augustin, Claude Williams.
Compilation producer: Ron Furmanek.
Includes liner notes by Al Quaglieri.
Tracks 1-7 are mono. Tracks 8-23 are stereo.
Digitally remastered by Larry Walsh (November 1990, Capitol Recording Studios).
This is part of the EMI Legends Of Rock & Roll series.
Liner Note Author: Al Quaglieri.
Photographer: Jeffrey Scales.
With one conspicuous exception, this one disc best-of is the definitive collection of this tempestuous duo's music. That exception, of course, is the cut of "River Deep, Mountain High," which isn't the epochal Phil Spector-produced single, but rather a live version. However, it's perfectly acceptable on its own terms, though purists will lament the lack of Spector's famous Wall Of Sound (what's here is more like a Small Chain Mail Fence Of Sound).
Everything else, however, is first-rate, from smolderingly raunchy early '60s singles like "It's Gonna Work Out Fine" (presented, thankfully, in the original mono), to Tina's autobiographical "Nutbush City Limits" from the early '70s. Essential stuff.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 18 ratings.
Based on 18 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE