- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 3 hours, 16 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 11, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Koch Vision
- 2-Disc Set
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.78
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital - English
- Subtitles - SDH English Subtitles - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- "A Visit to the Stauffenberg Estate"
- "An Examination of Other Assassination Attempts on Hitler"
- "A Visit to the German Resistance Memorial Center"
- Newly Re-mastered Home Movies Shot by Eva Braun
- Footage from the Volksgericht Trials
Performers, Cast and Crew:
OPERATION VALKYRIE tells the amazing true story of German resistance fighter Claus von Stauffenberg and his plot to assassinate Adolf Hitler. Using eyewitness accounts, remarkable archival footage, and very detailed dramatizations, this powerful documentary transports viewers back to the tumultuous depths of World War II, and chronicles one man's courageous attempt to change the course of history.
Description by Koch Entertainment Distribution:
July, 1944. As WWII raged on, a group of conspirators, led by Claus von Stauffenberg, plotted to assassinate Hitler and end his reign of terror. Using rare color footage, painstakingly recreated dramatizations, detailed CG reconstructions and exclusive interviews with leading historians, this thrilling documentary presents the definitive record of what happened before, during and after these pivotal events. Produced in collaboration with the German Resistant Organization Forschungsgemeinschaft 20 Juli 1944, Operation Valkyrie: The Stauffenberg Plot to Kill Hitler also features over 2 hours of in-depth bonus features.
Nazi Germany |
World War II