- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: April 27, 2004
- Label: Motown
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Medley: When the Lovelight Starts Shining Through His Eyes / Come ...: When The Lovelight Starts Shining Through His Eyes / Come See About Me / Stop! In The Name Of Love / Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart / You Keep Me Hangin' On
- 2.Try It Baby
- 3.I Second That Emotion - (previously unreleased)
- 4.Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- 5.I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- 6.This Guy's in Love With You
- 7.Funky Broadway
- 8.I'll Try Something New
- 9.A Place in the Sun
- 10.Sweet Inspiration
- 11.Then - (previously unreleased)
- 12.The Impossible Dream
- 13.Medley: You Can't Hurry Love / You Keep Me Hangin' On: You Can't Hurry Love / You Keep Me Hangin' On - (previously unreleased)
- 14.Got to Get You into My Life - (previously unreleased)
- 15.You Gave Me Something (And Everything's Alright) - (previously unreleased)
- 16.House Is Not a Home, A - (previously unreleased)
- 17.If You Should Walk Away - (previously unreleased)
- 18.Amen - (previously unreleased)
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Stubborn Kind of Fellow
- 2.I'll Be Doggone
- 3.The Weight
- 4.Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing
- 5.Uptight (Everything's Alright)
- 6.Sing a Simple Song
- 7.My Guy, My Girl
- 8.For Better or Worse
- 9.Can't Take My Eyes Off You
- 10.Why (Must We Fall in Love) - (previously unreleased)
- 11.I'll Try Something New - (Single Mix)
- 12.Stubborn Kind of Fellow - (Single Mix, previously unreleased)
- 13.Try It Baby - (Single Mix, previously unreleased)
- 14.Funky Broadway - (Mono Mix, previously unreleased)
- 15.Weight, The - (Mono Mix, previously unreleased)
- 16.Sing a Single Song - (Mono Mix, previously unreleased)
- 17.My Guy, My Girl - (Mono Mix, previously unreleased)
- 18.Can't Take My Eyes Off You
- 19.I'm Gonna Make You Love Me - (Alternate Mix w / Spoken Intro, previously unreleased)
- 20.Not Now, I'll Tell You Later - (Etended Alternate Mix, previously unreleased)
Full title: DIANA ROSS & THE SUPREMES JOIN THE TEMPTATIONS (1968)/TOGETHER (1969).
Personnel: Diana Ross, Mary Wilson, Cindy Birdsong, Melvin Franklin, Otis Williams, Paul Williams, Eddie Kendricks (vocals).
Producers include: Frank Wilson, Smokey Robinson, Al Cleveland, Terry Johnson, Henry Cosby.
Compilation producers: Andrew Skurow, Harry Weinger.
Includes liner notes by Andrew Skurow.
Personnel: Mary Wilson (vocals); The Supremes (background vocals).
Audio Mixers: Ellen Fitton; Frank Beaty Wilson.
Liner Note Author: Andrew Skurow.
Illustrator: Walter Velez.
Arrangers: Jerry Long; Willie Shorter; Gene Page; H.B. Barnum; Paul Riser; Tom Baird.
This double-disc set puts the studio collaborations of the Supremes and the Temptations--two of Motown's best groups--into one package. Moreover, the track list includes many of the finest songs produced by Berry Gordy's music empire, authored by the likes of Ashford & Simpson, Smokey Robinson, and Marvin Gaye, along with pop hits by Bacharach & David, Lennon & McCartney, and more.
Beginning with an uncharacteristically flashy medley, the rest of the set falls right into step. "Try It Baby," "I Second That Emotion," and a "Funky Broadway" are only a few of the treasures here. On disc two, Motown hits "Stubborn Kind of Fellow" and "I'll Be Doggone" are interspersed with covers such as the Band's "The Weight" and Sly Stone's "Sing a Simple Song." The vocal prowess of the Supremes and the Temptations should go without saying, but it is the lead and harmonic interplay between the members here--the complex, interlocking male-female lines--that really stands out. While newcomers would be advised to first seek out collections by the individual groups, JOINED TOGETHER is a testament to the combined power of two of soul music's greatest.