Live Tension [Import]
Rare & Hard-To-Find Audio CDs (series)
- Released: October 1, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: NMC
Description by OLDIES.com:
Limited edition, numbered live set from the Buzzcocks, recorded September 11th, 1979 at London's Rainbow Theatre. Original pressing limited to only 1977 copies!
- 1.I Don't Mind
- 3.Ever Fallen In Love (With Someone You Shouldn't've)
- 4.Mad Mad Judy
- 6.Moving Away From The Pulsebeat
- 7.Nothing Left
- 8.Noise Annoys
- 9.You Say You Don't Love Me
- 10.Harmony In My Head
- 11.I Don't Know What To Do With My Life
- 12.I Believe
- 14.Love You More
- 15.What Do I Get
Punk figureheads Buzzcocks exploded out of Manchester, England in the late '70s with their spiky blend of pop and rock. LIVE TENSION was recorded at the height of their fame in 1979.
The Buzzcocks Mach 2 (Pete Shelley, Steve Diggle, Steve Garvey, and John Maher -- the classic lineup that formed after the departure of co-founder Howard Devoto) were near the end of their trail as a live band when this live set was recorded during a gig at London's Rainbow Theatre in the fall of 1979, and while the Buzzcocks still sound like a powerful live act on the evidence of Live Tension, one also senses that a bit of fatigue had begun to set in. The performances are sharp, but the between-song patter suggests a certain weariness with the material, and while the best moments are still punk-pop bliss, much of the time one hears a band of professionals who sound fine but are just going through the motions, particularly on earlier songs such as "Moving Away From the Pulsebeat" and "16." The recording is clear and loud but a tiny bit hollow, and the source tape reveals some momentary speed problems, none of which last for long but are quite disorienting in context. Loyal Buzzcocks fans will enjoy Live Tension, but novices are less likely to be impressed, and this is hardly the definitive live document that this great band truly deserves. ~ Mark Deming
Ever Fallen in Love?: Buzzcocks Finest [EMI Gold] (CD)(2)
$8.24 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 16,523
- UPC: 800945015127
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Hunting High and Low [Bonus CD] [Bonus Tracks] (2-CD)(174)
$30.58 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE